Commander Bugs 1-7

Hunter.S.T.Hunter.S.T. Join Date: 2012-05-26 Member: 152596Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Merged topic</div><b>1: Random sound issue when alt tabbing from hive</b>

I have only experienced this when alt tabbing from a hive.

A sound is played at some point when i am alt tabbed. The sound is some random ambient backrgound sound, normally a low back ground hum, but this sound is made incredibly loud. It doenst stop on its own, it doesnt stop wwhen u get in and out of the hive. The only way to stop it is to f4 to the lobby, and rejoin your team. Its deafening.

Comments

• Hunter.S.T.Hunter.S.T. Join Date: 2012-05-26 Member: 152596Members
    edited October 2012
    <u><i><b>BUG FIXED!!!</b></i></u>

<b>2: Buildings move to new location when placed and/or rotate</b>

This happens with buildings which can be rotated after placement, i.e. they require 2 clicks to place. (turret factory, and phasegates). When you try to place one of them, especially when it is near a wall, the game will often rotate the placement 90 degrees. Sometimes, it will place it in a completely different spot like in the middle of the corridor when u placed it near the wall, and with complerelty random rotation.

This is quite a serious issue for phasegate placement. And isnt helped by bug 3.
    edited October 2012
    <u><i><b>BUG FIXED!!!</b></i></u>

<b>3: Can only place phasegates facing certain directions</b>

This bug has been around for a long long time, you click to place your phasegate, even in the middle of a nice big empty area, try to rotate it so that marine exit the phase gate towards the hive, and find that for no visibile reason, you can only place that phasegate facing towards the wall.

Or worse, you can only place the phasegate if you just click twice without trying to rotate, and just pray that it is facing the right way.
    <b>4: Place structes and have them automatically self destruct (im not talking about ghosting)</b>

THis is a rare bug, ive only had it happen to me once this build. I placed a protolab in sub access, and it showed up as killed on the kill reports in the top right, i lost my 40 res. Very rare, no idea how to recreate it.
    <b>5: The shift key as a solution to ease medpacking misclick</b>

Needs to be added in. Pressing shift should have the following functions:

instance1: nothing on the screen is currently selected, or a built structure or marine or group of marines, or combination of marines and structres is selected.
    pressing shift: Adds people or built structres to the group when they are clickeed upon.

instance2: You are trying to place a new building, assistance pack, or weapon.
    Pressing shift: Now when you place that building, assistance pack, or weapon, you only need to left click to drop another, instead of selecting another building, assistance pack, or weapon from the menu.
    Pressing shift: Also disables left click from being able to select any object that is allready placed on the map, such as marines, placed buildings.

This would make medpacking, and occasionally building bases, SO much easier.
    <b>6: Telling the ammo of troops </b>
    There is already a mecahnism in place for this, the only probem is that if you have this ioption turned on, you also get a lot of extra "help tips" around every marine and alien structres showing its upgrades, these buttons are easy to hit by mistake, dont show all upgrade options, and are annoying.

I know i know i can turn them off but.... being able to see exactly which marine needs ammo, this is abtually bloody useful! so useful that i keep it on!

I would love an alternative, which would allow me to see which troop is calling for ammo, without requiring me to have to spen extra time making SURE i click the armory and not shotguns when im trying to put it on a group shortcut for the first time.
    <b>7: Dont hear warnings that base / base power is under attack</b>

I am not sure if its just that i am too focused on other parts of the map, or that sometimes there is no warning. Either way, somethings needs to be done as a fix! everyone one else on the team that isnt the commander get far more warning than the comm, when hes the person who most importantly needs to know!!!!!

I would lvoe to see this as a solution. The comm can stick buildings on shortcut keys, these structures are now displayed in teh bottom left. I would like these buttons to flash red when that specific structure is under attack. Perhaps also display text message warning on screen, perhaps also play warning here, perhaps also make a different warning to play here.
    <b>7a: let alien comm put upgrades on groups</b>

Kinda ties into the last point, the alien khamm should be able to select ANY strcutre and add it to a group, why can i add spurs, shells and veils to this group, al least i could see when they are destroyed this way, and the alien comm almost allways has unused groups.
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    There isn't really a good reason these couldn't have been posted as a single thread, rather than filling the forum up with eight separate threads on the same topic. Merged into one.
  • WildChickenWildChicken Join Date: 2004-08-25 Member: 30891Members, Constellation
    2,3,4,7. Oh god, those are horrible for the commanding experience.

6 would be nice, but it has to be done without cluttering the UI.

5, I'd rather just see a one-click medpack/ammo solution. Instead of having to do e,s,mouse1 you'd just click bind1 and presto! a medpack appears.
  • radforChristradforChrist USA Join Date: 2002-11-04 Member: 6871Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    Besides grouping, SOME sort of screen showing currently active upgrades for the alien commander is a necessity. I find myself after any assault in a hive room asking my team what's missing.

It's rather silly and unintuitive that there is no way for the alien comm to see what upgrades are alive. When a shade is in a hive room, even seeing the structures is difficult...
    edited October 2012
    Sorry insane, i was told by a moderator to post all suggestions as single seperate suggestions, which is the only reason for me doing it.

<!--quoteo(post=1939498:date=May 28 2012, 06:22 AM:name=Align)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Align @ May 28 2012, 06:22 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1939498"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You can hit F1 in-game to get to the official bug reporting tool, getSatisfaction. Might take a minute to load.

As for your ideas, please post them as individual threads, in the appropriate forum(s).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    In regards to the alien khamm upgrades, it would be nice if active upgrades could just be displayed somewhere on the UI to be honest
  • T00byT00by Join Date: 2012-09-07 Member: 158286Members
    We've experienced #7 a lot of times, it's kind of critical and can destroy games in progress. In our cases the com didnt get a warning and neither did the players on the field get any at all.
  • radforChristradforChrist USA Join Date: 2002-11-04 Member: 6871Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    Well, regarding 7 for marine comms, I have an obs in every base I deem important. That 15 res investment reveals rushes before they're in the room, and an intelligent team constantly watches the map.

That's an easy counter, but I would say that if audible cues are in game, I'd prefer them to work.
  • GlissGliss Join Date: 2003-03-23 Member: 14800Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo(post=1992203:date=Oct 16 2012, 02:27 AM:name=Hunter.S.T.)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hunter.S.T. @ Oct 16 2012, 02:27 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1992203"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><b>7: Dont hear warnings that base / base power is under attack</b>

I am not sure if its just that i am too focused on other parts of the map, or that sometimes there is no warning. Either way, somethings needs to be done as a fix! everyone one else on the team that isnt the commander get far more warning than the comm, when hes the person who most importantly needs to know!!!!!

I would lvoe to see this as a solution. The comm can stick buildings on shortcut keys, these structures are now displayed in teh bottom left. I would like these buttons to flash red when that specific structure is under attack. Perhaps also display text message warning on screen, perhaps also play warning here, perhaps also make a different warning to play here.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    is there a priority system as far as warnings go? for example, if an upgrade finishes, you'll hear upgrade complete, but if it finishes and your base is being attacked, the base message will cut out the upgrades and should play over that sound.
  • Omega_K2Omega_K2 Join Date: 2011-12-25 Member: 139013Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Bug 8: If voice is bound to Mouse3, it won't work in the com interface.
  • FlatkinGFlatkinG Join Date: 2005-03-02 Member: 42984Members
    bug 5, you don't need "shift key" its already got hot keys, you can also bind specific ones to do that anyways.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES&#33; FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS&#33; Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    The one about power nodes is especialy worrying with 50thousand frigging 'medpack' and 'ammo' spamms. IF it were not auto. and people actual yasked for what they actualy needed, ###### would be fine i suspect.
    commnader bugs 2 and 3, have now been dealt with!! woot!
  • freetobanditofreetobandito Join Date: 2012-01-27 Member: 142196Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    in ns2_tram, i have had a very difficult time trying to get ARCs to go through tram hub, not sure if there is a pathing issue with the arcs but i could not get them to navigate it period, is it a bug? or have i not found the "sweet spot" path to get them where i want to go?
    sometimes the pathing for the ai units can be a little buggy, often units will go the "wrong" way because there is (or so it appears) a "break" in the "right" path.

Sometimes it seems as tho the unit is picking the quicker path, when i want it to go the longer path.

As a work around, i try to pick a point to send the unit to that is a halfway point of where i actually want it to go, and then try to send it the rest of the way.
  • freetobanditofreetobandito Join Date: 2012-01-27 Member: 142196Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    so a little backstory.. we were in ns2_tram, shipping was our base location, and i wanted to sneak an ARC or 10 to server ... i send them through south tunnels to tram... where i would split them through server overlook and north tunnels. then they would not path around that monstrosity in the middle of tram hub.. they wanted to back track through logistics and repair room to get around.. and no amount of micro controlling could get them to listen to me..