More players in readyroom than ingame?

GrimfangGrimfang Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13086Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
<div class="IPBDescription">Is this something that would be possible?</div>Would it be possible to allow more people to join the server and be in the readyroom, than to be in the actual game? So if you have a 12 slot server, you could allow 15 people to join the server. This would help problems with people taking a short break between matches, and with players F4 to readyroom, and blocking others from playing.

It could also allow people a more fun way of being queued for games on a server. If you allow people to join and spectate until playing slots are open, you could open up for more possibilities.

Does players in readyroom, or spectating affect server performance? I assume it's less than people actually playing. I'm thinking such a change could change the readyroom into more of a lobby, and add to the game/ community.

Comments

• skjorteNskjorteN Join Date: 2012-08-13 Member: 155548Members
    I have also wondered about some feature like this. Often i find myself waiting a long time to join a server, and once i get in, theres almost always 2+ just standing afk in ready room.
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    I dont think you can get the serverhosts to add X number of free "RR slots". But i like the idea of having limited team sizes.
  • Bad MojoBad Mojo Join Date: 2009-05-01 Member: 67317Members
    This problem is easily solved with player kick after idling for X amount of time, or being in the RR for X amount of time while a game is in progress.