Allow marines to drop magazines

ImbalanxdImbalanxd Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104581Members
<div class="IPBDescription">too little self sacrifice encouraged</div>So, compared to NS1, I see very few people willing to sacrifice their own time and survivability in order to help the team. Marines never want to build in hot zones, they always want to cover. You never see dedicated welder marines walking around, they just want to shoot things. I would like it if more self sacrifice mechanics were introduced to help fellow marines.

So why not allow marines to drop ammo mags on the ground for others to pick up? Its always annoying when you pitch up at the front line with others who have been there for a while, and they are without ammo while you still have 4 mags in reserve. Increase the cost of commander ammo drops by one to make it more attractive to ground level marines.

Comments

• arnyboy87arnyboy87 Join Date: 2012-08-13 Member: 155551Members
    not a bad idea will give a edge for comp player but these are the teams whos comms don't forget about them :P ,, however will cause rage in pub play with gd and bad marines fighting side by side i execpt somthing like this ,,,
    ~Marine:1 "comm need ammo doorway at sub"
    -comm drops ammo-Marine 2 whos ammo is already half full picks it up
    ~Marine 1 dude that ammo was for me im short"
    ~ Marine 2 "no response" coz as we all know noobs don't have mics:P
    ~Marine1 "dude just Press Y that drops 1 ammo mag"
    ~Marine 2 "no Response"
    ~Marine1 "###### me you noob give me ammo"

lol I swear this would happen :P better i think just to leave as it is :P
  • Mr.GreedyMr.Greedy Join Date: 2012-07-21 Member: 154270Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1990802:date=Oct 13 2012, 04:31 AM:name=Imbalanxd)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Imbalanxd @ Oct 13 2012, 04:31 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1990802"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So, compared to NS1, I see very few people willing to sacrifice their own time and survivability in order to help the team. Marines never want to build in hot zones, they always want to cover. You never see dedicated welder marines walking around, they just want to shoot things. I would like it if more self sacrifice mechanics were introduced to help fellow marines.

So why not allow marines to drop ammo mags on the ground for others to pick up? Its always annoying when you pitch up at the front line with others who have been there for a while, and they are without ammo while you still have 4 mags in reserve. Increase the cost of commander ammo drops by one to make it more attractive to ground level marines.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I refer to this thread:
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=119778" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=119778</a>

Alot of people want to kill because killing gives most points. Just give marines points for supporting-actions like welding. And give EVERY marine points for building stuff. If 3 marines building the armory , its random who gets the point for this. I hope they will rework this shabby and unrewarding scoresystem.

To your idea to share ammo: Looks not very usefull to me. Your marinemate is calling for ammo and u dont know if the comm will give him ammo or not. There will be a lot of situations like :"give your mate 1-2 ammo clips and in next second the comm do the same thing". In the end it was a waste of time. And you are the next one without ammo :>.
  • ChocoBeastoChocoBeasto Join Date: 2012-10-08 Member: 161864Members