Help replacing viewmodels

WilsonWilson Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72867Members
Hey, so I managed to get all my animations working in-game now but I have a new problem. When I try to replace a viewmodel in game with my model then I get this weird effect. It's like the camera turns so now I am seeing out the marines ear, but all the controls are still as they would be. If I press W I move to the right and if I move my mouse up and down then the screen rotates instead.

I can replace the viewmodel fine with another model from the ns2 files, but when I try and use my own this weird bug happens. Anyone know how to fix it?

Comments

• Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Which direction is your view-model camera facing?

We had slightly different issue, where the controls were all reversed, but ours was caused by the FoV of the camera being too small. It sounds like your camera is facing to the side of your view model, or maybe you don't have a camera defined?

Hit me up on steam and I can share my limited, frustrated understanding of getting models in NS2 :)
  • WilsonWilson Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72867Members
    edited October 2012
    I don't think it's anything to do with the camera. I tried rotating the model around in 3dsmax before exporting and it made no difference. I have a camera set up fine and the viewmodel works in the viewer.

I have managed to get it working now by modifying NS2c's heavy machine gun, but I really want to get it working with the pistol.lua code since that's the most similar to the weapon I'm trying to import.

I guess since it's working for the heavy and not other weapons then it's something in lua, but I have no clue.

[EDIT] It is actually working fine now. I think it was just because I was hot loading the lua change rather then completely restarting the game.

[EDIT2] For anyone who searches here: It actually was the position of the camera in 3dsmax! Your camera must be facing south, if it is facing west then you will experience this problem of seeing out the side of the marines head. I put my camera on the origin facing south and then positioned the model.