Looking for Competitive Players

ShinigamlShinigaml Join Date: 2009-11-09 Member: 69315Members
edited October 2012 in Competitive Play
<div class="IPBDescription">Hardcore only</div>Hello NS2,

I'm looking for a few players who are willing to fill some of the remaining spots left in my team (We are from NA). Some of you may know me as KHan in-game and I'm usually playing pub games and haven't broken into the competitive play yet. I only just got to playing NS2 about 3 weeks ago ever since I switched out my crappy laptop to a PC (thank god). However, that does not mean that I am not willing to take this team to the highest it can go.

Please consider us if you think you would be a great addition to the team. I have not thought of a clan name yet but I assure you it will be awesome :D

Thanks for reading, have a good day.

Comments

• DghelneshiDghelneshi Aims to surpass Fana in post edits. Join Date: 2011-11-01 Member: 130634Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2012
    *There is nicer ways to put this. For example, see basically any other post in this thread* --Comprox
  • ShinigamlShinigaml Join Date: 2009-11-09 Member: 69315Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1988943:date=Oct 9 2012, 08:38 PM:name=Dghelneshi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dghelneshi @ Oct 9 2012, 08:38 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1988943"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->OMFG HE CAN PUBSTOMP AND STAY BEHIND PEOPLE SO HE NEVER DIES! BEWARE OF MASSIVE BALLS!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Why so hostile? lol
    I've only been playing for 3 weeks and so all I do is pub games for now. :o
    I've been asked to join teams and play competitive scrims/matches but I'd rather wait to form my own.
    By the way I really like your mods, thanks for contributing.
  • rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    You forgot to mention your region- NA? euro?

thanks for starting a new team and good luck!
    Ah thanks, I forgot to add something like that haha.
    I'm from NA, me personally I live in Canada. If ping is a really big issue in this game, I might have to only take NA people but it'd be nice to have EU members and stuff as well.
  • TrCTrC Join Date: 2008-11-30 Member: 65612Members
    Epin, of course you need to be cocky!

Not that I'm convinced or anything, but hope you can bring some standards to US besides inversion.
  • ScrajmScrajm Join Date: 2011-10-17 Member: 127859Members
    Awesome, more teams! Lets hope more players would do like you and just go form a team!

I wish you and your team the best of luck.
    Thanks for the support :p

I'ma do my best to form a team, but worst case scenario I will end up joining one.
  • FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2012
    Good luck getting players! More teams are welcome!

But not really impressed by those screens, nothing special there, especially on PUB games, if you show me the same stats against ARC, then I will be impressed!
    <!--quoteo(post=1989024:date=Oct 9 2012, 11:40 PM:name=Floodinator)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Floodinator @ Oct 9 2012, 11:40 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1989024"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Good luck getting players! More teams are welcome!

But not really impressed by those screens, nothing special there, especially on PUB games, if you show me the same stats against ARC, then I will be impressed!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Whats ARC? I doubt I'll get those scores in competitive 6v6 lol that's quite obvious.
    But I still have plenty of room for improvement and so it's gonna take awhile for me to be decent in competitive games.
  • Hunter.S.T.Hunter.S.T. Join Date: 2012-05-26 Member: 152596Members
    well, if u want to scrim against a team that wont rofl stomp you, and dont mind shareing some helpful tips, give nexzil a shout when you get 6.
    Actually I kind of want to play teams that'll rofl stomp me because that's the best way to learn. Get beat but keep standing up like Rocky! haha
  • PersianImm0rtalPersianImm0rtal Join Date: 2010-12-02 Member: 75414Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo(post=1989070:date=Oct 9 2012, 08:35 PM:name=Shinigaml)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shinigaml @ Oct 9 2012, 08:35 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1989070"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Actually I kind of want to play teams that'll rofl stomp me because that's the best way to learn. Get beat but keep standing up like Rocky! haha<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

WELCOME!

I get why you posted your screenshots, and I apologize about how rude the first people to respond to your topic acted. Not all of the competitive community is that rude. Please add me on steam, I want to talk to you about something (not about joining your team)
  • fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    The reason you're getting some "rude" replies, is because posting scoreboard screenshots of public play -- hell, any scoreboard screenshots -- is a fairly big faux pas. I'd advise you to edit your post and remove them if you want to be taken seriously. Good luck with your team building efforts.
  • Squirreli_Squirreli_ Join Date: 2012-04-25 Member: 151046Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Welcome to the scene and good luck finding a team!

... And to re-iterate what many have said before: Scoreboard doesn't mean much and that goes double or triple for public play. Team play is key and showing off with pub stomp screenshots will lead many to the conclusion that you do not understand what the game is about. Btw I'm 100% sure everyone in this thread so far has gotten those kinds of stats on public, so the comments are not out of envy for your e-peen.
    edited October 2012
    Yeah, I have no idea what the game is about :p
  • wirywiry Join Date: 2009-05-25 Member: 67479Members
    You could allways play a couple of gathers over at www.ensl.org. It's a great way to meet people already in the competitive environment and could possibly help you with your recruitment process.
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited October 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1988976:date=Oct 9 2012, 02:54 PM:name=TrC)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TrC @ Oct 9 2012, 02:54 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1988976"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->but hope you can bring some standards to US besides inversion.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Nice.

@Original post.. Those public screenshots mean nothing honestly. That's not what people are looking for.
  • bLink`bLink` Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146506Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Good luck! :) Looking forward for this new team.
    edited October 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1989261:date=Oct 10 2012, 03:20 PM:name=Locklear)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Locklear @ Oct 10 2012, 03:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1989261"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Nice.

@Original post.. Those public screenshots mean nothing honestly. That's not what people are looking for.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah I know.
    But I could also say that I was the team leader of my 2750 WoW pvp team on the most competitive pvp realm.
    I was also the #1 player and the leader of the #1 clan on another fps game with over 30k players.
    Both involving more teamwork than individual skills. Lots of reaction time, reflex, quick judgement calls, real time strategies, and lots of tactics, skill and coordination.
    I'm usually the one who leads my teams in any game and thus I am doing the same on NS2.
    I didn't want to talk about my past gaming history but I don't want people to get the impression that I'm an individual player because I'm really more team based if anything. And my biggest trait comes from being able to analyze and find a way to beat the opposing team. That is the most devastating trait I posses which has won me lots of money and big tournaments.

But again, give me a break as I have only touched NS2 for 3 weeks, I will soon rid of these screenshots with what actually matters :p
  • FlipperFlipper Join Date: 2012-08-08 Member: 155120Members
    Hey there, while you want to start a team (which is awesome!) A lot of players are taken and no new players will be joining until halloween.

You may be better off joining a team *cough www.norcalns2.com cough*

Feel free to apply on the forums, we are a NA team, mostly west coast, with some canucks for good measure eh.

We scrim almost everyday and if not scrimming are practicing, and are in the upcoming guru cup.

Feel to free to stop by.

(And mmo pvp doesn't equal fps) :P
  • DghelneshiDghelneshi Aims to surpass Fana in post edits. Join Date: 2011-11-01 Member: 130634Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'm sorry for being so hostile, was in a bit of a bad mood and generally don't like boasting.

Good luck with your new team!
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Gonna make a suggestion to you and any other new players that might want to play comp or w.e... Dont try posting screenshots or attempting to prove your skill by naming off other games youve played comp in.. its not going to help you at all... If you want to jump right in a simple post looking for a clan is fine, you can contact people from there and do some practice/tryouts... Or just play the game and build a name for yourself that way...
  • ShakerShaker Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9582Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I was rank 1 gold in my starcraft 2 bracket whats up
  • DuskDusk Join Date: 2011-06-24 Member: 106114Members, Constellation
    Owning your own server and advertising in the server name that you are recruiting is a good way to draw people in. Most teams form when people play together.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I played one game with him in a competitive setting last night. He played well and was a team player. This was just one game though. Khan, seriously, those pics mean nothing. Remove them and join some gathers. Gathers are a good way, as others have said, for social networking and getting a team.
  • Rambo SwagsRambo Swags Join Date: 2012-09-29 Member: 161080Members
    I snort a banana sized line of cocaine before any match, that hardcore enough?
    edited October 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1989349:date=Oct 10 2012, 07:59 PM:name=james888)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (james888 @ Oct 10 2012, 07:59 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1989349"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I played one game with him in a competitive setting last night. He played well and was a team player. This was just one game though. Khan, seriously, those pics mean nothing. Remove them and join some gathers. Gathers are a good way, as others have said, for social networking and getting a team.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What are gatherers? How do they differ from mercs?

<!--quoteo(post=1989322:date=Oct 10 2012, 07:14 PM:name=Flipper)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Flipper @ Oct 10 2012, 07:14 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1989322"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hey there, while you want to start a team (which is awesome!) A lot of players are taken and no new players will be joining until halloween.

You may be better off joining a team *cough www.norcalns2.com cough*

Feel free to apply on the forums, we are a NA team, mostly west coast, with some canucks for good measure eh.

We scrim almost everyday and if not scrimming are practicing, and are in the upcoming guru cup.

Feel to free to stop by.

(And mmo pvp doesn't equal fps) :P<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm actually from Vancouver and so Canucks is whats up!
  • FlipperFlipper Join Date: 2012-08-08 Member: 155120Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1989356:date=Oct 10 2012, 12:40 PM:name=Shinigaml)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shinigaml @ Oct 10 2012, 12:40 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1989356"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What are gatherers? How do they differ from mercs?

I'm actually from Vancouver and so Canucks is whats up!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Dat 604
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    This is a thread about gathers. <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=119466" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=119466</a>

It is not that different from mercing as you were the other night. If you mercing a lot then forget gathering.
  • sad. Clownsad. Clown Join Date: 2012-02-25 Member: 147407Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1989356:date=Oct 10 2012, 12:40 PM:name=Shinigaml)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shinigaml @ Oct 10 2012, 12:40 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1989356"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm actually from Vancouver and so Canucks is whats up!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Not this season.