Alien Kammander

maD maXmaD maX Join Date: 2010-01-28 Member: 70347Members
<div class="IPBDescription">one with the hive...</div>Ok not super important but I think it would be helpful if the kammander got a few helpful updates.

1. Gestate while in hive, If i wana gorge and get carapace why cant i do that and still command. Im not dead so why not.

2. Designate priority hive, simple check box for 1 hive... whenever you get out you get out at that hive.... allows you to move between your bases with freedom (if your designated hive gets killed... oops you better run)

I know these arnt needed but as a kammander i would appreciate it... personally i dont see the hive like the com chair you dont sit in it you become part of it and the entire network.

Perhaps have a priority hive glow a little so if your killing a spur under it you know that the commander is comming.

Comments

• JimWestJimWest Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69865Members, Reinforced - Silver
    Tell me pls wtf is a Kammander?
  • Cee Colon SlashCee Colon Slash Join Date: 2012-05-25 Member: 152581Members
    Khammander = alien commander (since the in-game name for the aliens is the Kharaa).
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1988482:date=Oct 8 2012, 09:14 AM:name=maD maX)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (maD maX @ Oct 8 2012, 09:14 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1988482"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->2. Designate priority hive, simple check box for 1 hive... whenever you get out you get out at that hive.... allows you to move between your bases with freedom (if your designated hive gets killed... oops you better run)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    So as a commander, you could get out at any hive. If so I could see this being used as a slow hive teleport system.
  • maD maXmaD maX Join Date: 2010-01-28 Member: 70347Members
    edited October 2012
    Sure it could be used as a slow teleport... i suppose if a hive was under attack you could designate it as priority and go their... then your team could follow.... Would this change the balance, sure am I a fan of NS1 hive/MC teleport, YES!!!.....

Lol ...Kammander... I think it should be more of a queen....
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1988573:date=Oct 8 2012, 02:22 PM:name=maD maX)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (maD maX @ Oct 8 2012, 02:22 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1988573"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Sure it could be used as a slow teleport... i suppose if a hive was under attack you could designate it as priority and go their... then your team could follow.... Would this change the balance, sure am I a fan of NS1 hive/MC teleport, YES!!!.....

Lol ...Kammander... I think it should be more of a queen....<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It would be too slow for each team member to get to the other hive like that. It would be useful for an onos to hop from one hive room to another. I am not apposed to the hive teleport mechanic, but this is so the wrong way to do it.

Also, you already have a priority hive. The one you get in. To make another hive priority, walk to it.
  • TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    You don't earn pres while in the hive, so best to just make a gorge egg next to hive and hop in it later.
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    May as well do that with your starting p.res rather than waste t.res on it. Alien commanding isn't particularly tasking, it's not hard to find a moment where you can jump out and gestate into something. You can even put down mist on the area before you jump out and gestate.