Viral marketing tagged like bombs

NEX9NEX9 Join Date: 2005-03-08 Member: 44299Members
So we live in a tiny tiny rapidly evolving contempary age. Every ones striving to be on the fore front of that cultural pulse. To get there fithteen minutes of fame. So lets piggy back their ride down the red carpet to stardom. Don't think it's possible. Well here's the trick. It's all about tags and likes baby, tags and likes.

We know this is doing the rounds right now

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/#/verify_age?client=mv-google&next=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DbP_0dDjoW_o" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/#/verify_age?client...v%3DbP_0dDjoW_o</a>

Mind you it's three weeks old but we have several versions of it. And a parody or two. But the number one google hits says people are searching for my horse is amazing.

So now I make a ns2 video. And I tag it. Cool I tag it all the usually NS 2 stuff. Fps rts hybrid kharaa tsa marines onos gorge my horse is amazing skulk.

I post a link to it here. The rest of the e team and fan bois players go to it click like.

Suddenly every one searching my horse is amazing on google gets hits of a ns2 video in the cluster. They visit my horse is amazing on you tube. In the suggested video area is... Du du du ns2 video again. Oh look at the hits and likes on that. They click it and find the ns2 world.

Just about every were has tags these days. And likes. We just need a list of forefront contempary content that taking the tiny world by storm.

So what else can we tag out NS two content with to bring in the mass of zombie clickers.

List some high end search terms, and link some content to piggy back off of.

My little pony?
Iphone5?
Kitten light sabre fight?

What's 4chan throwing around these days
We need to tag piggy back things getting 200k hits a day

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited October 2012
    Miss-tagging and misleading information (thumbnails or text) is against the <a href="http://www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines" target="_blank">YouTube Community Guidelines</a>.

<!--QuoteBegin-YouTube Community Guidelines - Don't Cross the Line+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (YouTube Community Guidelines - Don't Cross the Line)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Everyone hates spam. Don’t create misleading descriptions, tags, titles or thumbnails in order to increase views. It's not okay to post large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content, including comments and private messages.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
  • NEX9NEX9 Join Date: 2005-03-08 Member: 44299Members
    Yes I suppose it would breech the elua. But who isn't these days
  • A_PajanderA_Pajander Join Date: 2002-12-31 Member: 11695Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    This is a stupid thread and a retarded idea.
  • unkindunkind Join Date: 2012-02-04 Member: 143563Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1994027:date=Oct 20 2012, 12:11 AM:name=snaga)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snaga @ Oct 20 2012, 12:11 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1994027"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This is a stupid thread and a retarded idea.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

+1
  • Vladimir Van VodkaVladimir Van Vodka Sexy Beast Join Date: 2010-07-30 Member: 73364Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    It isn't that great an idea, but no need to be so harsh.
  • A_PajanderA_Pajander Join Date: 2002-12-31 Member: 11695Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2012
    Well yeah, sorry. But that mistagging business is just so aggravating. What's next, spambots?
  • finickyfinicky Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164613Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1990368:date=Oct 12 2012, 05:09 PM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kouji_San @ Oct 12 2012, 05:09 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1990368"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Miss-tagging and misleading information (thumbnails or text) is against the <a href="http://www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines" target="_blank">YouTube Community Guidelines</a>.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    And rightfully so!

I want people to know about this game too, but taking a steaming ###### on the youtube search function to do so is not right.

On that topic, youtube needs to add a function to flag miss-tagged videos YESTERDAY, their search function is almost completely useless these days.
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    Bad idea and agaisnt the rules, should have been closed long time ago.
    -Topic closed-
This discussion has been closed.