Skill based maturity

maD maXmaD maX Join Date: 2010-01-28 Member: 70347Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Vs skill res</div>Iv read in many game discriptions that you can "spend res to evolve at an accelerated rate" this implies that you are constantly evolving. I like this, to this end i think all alien lifeforms should have a maturity lvl that gets reset on death.

Currently Res for Kill is out so there is no skill buff, but if we had a maturity factor that was determined by time snce death and points since death, we can reward our skilled team players...

Now obviouslly we dont want people to hide in base and wait for their skill level to raise have points factor in... if a skulk wants to fully mature he could sit in base for 10 min or he could kill 4 rines, or 5 structures.... This will encourage a team to move out and do damage since currently points dont matter.....

SO to this end i see many ways to buff a mature alien, small speed boost, raise wall jump speed cap, faster adrenilne recoup, slightly quiter... In general I think It would be cool if we constantly developed all the eveolutions to a certain degree a fully mature skulk would have 10% of celerity buff, 10% adrenilne buff, 10% cara buff...

Comments

• TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    Anything based on kills is a bad idea, because nothing is less fun than an already good player getting buffed so he can kill better.

And you complain that points don't matter - well they shouldn't. Its about winning or losing as a team. Points are so disconnected from your actual contribution anyway.
  • hakenspithakenspit Join Date: 2010-11-26 Member: 75300Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1987660:date=Oct 6 2012, 09:51 AM:name=TimMc)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TimMc @ Oct 6 2012, 09:51 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1987660"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Anything based on kills is a bad idea, because nothing is less fun than an already good player getting buffed so he can kill better.

And you complain that points don't matter - well they shouldn't. Its about winning or losing as a team. Points are so disconnected from your actual contribution anyway.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    We could have maturity from the perspective that the marines get more arthritic and slower to move, eye sight starts failing...they forget where they left their LMG. hmmm

Seriously though the idea has been suggested before...wont work too many issues with 1 men rambo's becoming harder to kill.

Only lifeform it could work on was skulk (ie the skulk that spawns later in the game has higher HP and Armour than at start of game), but there could be much more obvious ways to go about the same thing.