[Project] NS2 League - Competitive Ladder/Tournament Website

2»

Comments

• NubcakesNubcakes Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168410Members
    edited November 2012
    I certainly hope so, love the idea. The sudden drop in discussion has me a tad worried though =P
  • ViglanteViglante Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168608Members
    probably just join the ENSL ( European Natural Selection League) instead as I prefer divisions and cups over ladders.

but good luck on creating your ladder
  • DruzzilDruzzil Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168383Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2016771:date=Nov 9 2012, 04:06 AM:name=Viglante)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Viglante @ Nov 9 2012, 04:06 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2016771"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->probably just join the ENSL ( European Natural Selection League) instead as I prefer divisions and cups over ladders.

but good luck on creating your ladder<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Divisions and cups are nice, but key word "European" I would join that but since the ping is over 200 on almost all the servers they play it's hard to be competitive against these teams when your in North America.

Anyone know of any other leagues that are starting on this side of the world?
  • Oo Alias oOOo Alias oO Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165885Members
    No communication on this... probably dead?

Tbh a proper website with good functionality for a ladder/table on a game would be good. That ENSL looks like crap really, so was hoping for something decent. This is a massive task though, so much more to do on a website like this than meets the eye to start off with.
  • bHackbHack Join Date: 2010-03-23 Member: 71059Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2017164:date=Nov 9 2012, 05:15 PM:name=Oo Alias oO)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Oo Alias oO @ Nov 9 2012, 05:15 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2017164"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->No communication on this... probably dead?

Tbh a proper website with good functionality for a ladder/table on a game would be good. That ENSL looks like crap really, so was hoping for something decent. This is a massive task though, so much more to do on a website like this than meets the eye to start off with.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Much of an eye candy, huh?
    The functionality behind the ENSL website is huge comparing to the design which most of the players are not after.
    Most work on the website itself done by just couple of person for free. It's a long established community driven project for community.
  • Gimp`Gimp` Join Date: 2012-09-30 Member: 161110Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2017164:date=Nov 9 2012, 12:15 PM:name=Oo Alias oO)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Oo Alias oO @ Nov 9 2012, 12:15 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2017164"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->No communication on this... probably dead?

Tbh a proper website with good functionality for a ladder/table on a game would be good. That ENSL looks like crap really, so was hoping for something decent. This is a massive task though, so much more to do on a website like this than meets the eye to start off with.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I did some work on it, but felt like there wasn't much interest. I couldn't get in touch with anyone from UWE until after they announced the ESL tournament stuff. Also, some of the people that offered to help ended up doing nothing and just wasting my time. Another dev contacted me today though, so I might resume work on it.

If anyone else wants to see this happen, please express your interest. :)
  • Omar - The WireOmar - The Wire Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165320Members
    edited November 2012
    There is a large interest, truthfully. I was anticipating this being launched, it's unfortunate you've had roadblocks but that'll happen.

Something you can do to get this going in the right direction is make a very simple, usable site for a league, get admins in place, get a workable format and start the games. It doesn't have to be pretty, it doesn't have to be slick. I feel you may be trying to do too much too quickly. Minimize your concerns to: clean website, ladder structure, rules format and forums.

With a larger user base comes a larger opportunity for expansion. All the extras that would set you apart from other leagues can be part of your growth, rather than your initial offerings.

Start-ups, be it entertainment (like this) or professional/business often overreach with higher goals than their resources and time constraints allow while forgetting the extra additions aren't mandatory.
  • bluQuhbluQuh Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 170898Members
    Would love to cover some stuff of the league.
    Currently working on enough video material to setup some stuff on my youtube channel.
    But yea would love to cover some competitive stuff :)
  • MPG|RED HOOKMPG|RED HOOK Join Date: 2012-09-03 Member: 157598Members
    Is anyone still interested in a project like this? If you are PM.
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2013
    Druzzil wrote: »
    QUOTE (Viglante @ Nov 9 2012, 04:06 AM) »probably just join the ENSL ( European Natural Selection League) instead as I prefer divisions and cups over ladders.

but good luck on creating your ladder

Divisions and cups are nice, but key word "European" I would join that but since the ping is over 200 on almost all the servers they play it's hard to be competitive against these teams when your in North America.

Anyone know of any other leagues that are starting on this side of the world?
    Key thing to know about ENSL: The leagues (plural) are called "NSL" and consists of 3 leagues in 3 different regions of the world; Europe, North America and Australia, we might even open up for other regions if we get enough teams from these regions.
    So you will only play with a high ping if your team is outside of these 3 regions.

In regards to the OP, I wish you good luck on your ladder. Running good contests is alot of work.