Resolution

ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
So I have a new PC with a diffrnet monitor and it won't show NS2.

Basicly this is whats been happening:
All the games I have played wont show on my monitor as it wont accept small resolutions, so to play them, I have to change resolution. Mass effect games, Skyrim and Fallout this is easy as there is a Laucher befor the game starts up but for NS2 this is proving hard. I have just got around to Installing NS2 on my new PC even though i have had it for a couple of weeks so I just play NS2 on the family Computer but getting on that computer when someone else is on and with the graphics not being the best I have decided to put it on my new computer. So what i would like to know is How do i change my resolution out of game, and what resolutions will NS2 be compatible with?

Thank you.

PS, I am getting a new monitor but that wont be till a couple of month yet and I cant wait that long to be able to play it properly.

Comments

• WilsonWilson Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72867Members
    I think you can edit this file with notepad and change the X and Y resolution to one that will display on your monitor:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Natural Selection 2\system_options.xml
  • ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    There is no natural slection folder in my AppData\Roaming\ I think i have to play the game on a server first for it to appear but I cant because I can't see :(
    Hmm, here is the file from my computer, try copying it to that directory I mentioned and changing the resolution to your native one and see if it'll work.

<a href="http://www.mediafire.com/?b26cqbaar716ecv" target="_blank">http://www.mediafire.com/?b26cqbaar716ecv</a>
    Doesn't seem to work. Aww well not to worry i'll just continue playing downstairs and wait till I have my new monitor for this PC
    Maybe it's something to do with steam cloud. Did you try changing the resolution on your downstairs pc and then booting the game on the other?
  • DghelneshiDghelneshi Aims to surpass Fana in post edits. Join Date: 2011-11-01 Member: 130634Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2012
    Try changing the options.xml in ...\Steam\userdata\<number>\4920\remote
    This is the file synchronized with the Steam Cloud.
    <!--quoteo(post=1987516:date=Oct 5 2012, 06:29 PM:name=Dghelneshi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dghelneshi @ Oct 5 2012, 06:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1987516"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Try changing the options.xml in ...\Steam\userdata\<number>\4920\remote
    This is the file synchronized with the Steam Cloud.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo(post=1987509:date=Oct 5 2012, 06:23 PM:name=Wilson)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wilson @ Oct 5 2012, 06:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1987509"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Maybe it's something to do with steam cloud. Did you try changing the resolution on your downstairs pc and then booting the game on the other?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I disabled steam cloud before I posted this and tried that way but doesnt seem to work.