Calling for Maps!

RyneRyne Join Date: 2012-02-25 Member: 147408Members, NS2 Map Tester
All-In #2, for the time being, is running custom maps!

We are looking for any that are playable, even if they arent textured.

Requirements: be on steam workshop, be playable.

Let me know if I missed your map and you want it in the mapvote rotation.

We currently have:
1) Eclipse
2) Triad
3) Plant

Thanks!

Comments

• LazerLazer Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14406Members, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    edited October 2012
    Hey Ryne thanks for hosting custom maps this is a big help for mappers :) I just got my map <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=109962&view=findpost&p=1984724" target="_blank">ns2_icarus</a> up on the workshop. It's listed as "ns2_icarus beta". Map should be fully playable and I'll be updating pretty often as I get some feedback. Also you might already be aware but the steam client has to be open on the server for mods to auto update currently.

Thanks again!
  • RyneRyne Join Date: 2012-02-25 Member: 147408Members, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo(post=1985666:date=Oct 1 2012, 08:40 AM:name=Lazer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lazer @ Oct 1 2012, 08:40 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1985666"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hey Ryne thanks for hosting custom maps this is a big help for mappers :) I just got my map <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=109962&view=findpost&p=1984724" target="_blank">ns2_icarus</a> up on the workshop. It's listed as "ns2_icarus beta". Map should be fully playable and I'll be updating pretty often as I get some feedback. Also you might already be aware but the steam client has to be open on the server for mods to auto update currently.

Thanks again!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Would love to have your map on, but if you're updating often I might have to hold back. Having the Steam client running on a server isn't feasible for us.

How often do you mean? Once a month or so I can handle perhaps...
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    I have also just added a map to the workshop, ns2_yamal. It is the first build that I consider to be palyable. So no wseems likea good time to try to get some feedback on it.

Since I am at such early days, it is not exactly pretty but hopefully it is at least playable.
  • LazerLazer Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14406Members, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    edited October 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1985684:date=Oct 1 2012, 11:09 AM:name=Ryne)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ryne @ Oct 1 2012, 11:09 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1985684"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Would love to have your map on, but if you're updating often I might have to hold back. Having the Steam client running on a server isn't feasible for us.

How often do you mean? Once a month or so I can handle perhaps...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I'm guessing there'd be at least a few weeks between updates so that should be fine. Plus the next changes will be pretty big so I doubt there will be another release for a lil while. If you could let me know when the map's on the server that would be great I still haven't played a real game on it yet! :(
    All-In #2 | Custom Maps is now running Icarus and Yamal in addition to Plant, Eclipse, and Triad.

Let me know if anyone else has a map! It uses a vote map system so its up to the players to pick which ones to play :P

I will be adding / removing maps based off feedback from players, so do not get offended if yours disappears
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    awesome I'll get the NS2 Community Map ready ASAP! :)

its about 70% finished, but completely playable.
    <!--quoteo(post=1986018:date=Oct 2 2012, 12:03 AM:name=schkorpio)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (schkorpio @ Oct 2 2012, 12:03 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1986018"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->awesome I'll get the NS2 Community Map ready ASAP! :)

its about 70% finished, but completely playable.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Post it in workshop and let me know!
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    here you go sir! <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=125749" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=125749</a>