Proposing A Mod idea

Rambo SwagsRambo Swags Join Date: 2012-09-29 Member: 161080Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Suggesting a Mod idea based off Marine turtling</div>I realized some of the best matches I have are when Marines are forced to turtle up in they're last base and hold down what they have left until they're inevitable death. I enjoy playing both sides of this scenario because its just flat out fun. A Mod that would use marine turtling as its foundation could potentially be the NS2 version of NS1's combat mode considering its constant battling and minimal strategy. There's many ways I'm sure that this can be done but I generally see it as marines starting off at one base and slowly defending and gathering resources to improve equipment while aliens maintain steady wave rushes. For marines to win, maybe a countdown would be used. I have no knowledge of modding so this is out of my league but I'd like to see it be done.

Comments

• Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Errr.... Except NS2 Combat Mode is already up for download on Steam Workshop and is almost fully complete!!!

I have plans (one of many) to make a mod like Wave from UT2004. Where players have to survive wave after wave of alien attacks, they will get upgrades, but won't be tied to a base.

In fact, I have so many mod ideas it is getting ridiculous, I need a team of people just working on them :D

I have no prior experience of programming or modding, just read the code and change things and see what happens, that's what I did!!!