How to enable server side mod from workshop on server?

SintSint Join Date: 2007-01-09 Member: 59540Members, Squad Five Blue
<div class="IPBDescription">Subscribed, but won't work.</div>Hi, I am trying to NS2Stats to work in workshop... I installed it into server by subscribing into it and server window printed something like: NS2Stats downloaded so thats should be ok. The problem is that it won't load on server after that, do I need to insert mod id to somewhere or is there something else which needs to be done? Or is it a problem in mod, currently NS2Stats files are loaded through modified ns2gamerules.lua file, it that ok? or is it required to load them through game_setup.xml?

Comments

• SintSint Join Date: 2007-01-09 Member: 59540Members, Squad Five Blue
    Well Max's answer to another thread <u>solved</u> it:

<!--quoteo(post=1984611:date=Sep 29 2012, 06:20 PM:name=Max)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Max @ Sep 29 2012, 06:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1984611"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I will take a look.

Update: I tried it out and it works fine for me. Perhaps this is a problem with the server configuration? Setting up mods isn't the easiest thing to do at the moment due to some of the current limitations of Steam Workshop. To setup my test server, I subscribed to ns2stats in workshop and then ran sever.exe with this command line:

server.exe -modstorage c:\temp\mods -mods "5f2d040" -map ns2_summit

The first time you run, it will download the mod. Then I restarted and connected with a client.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
  • JimWestJimWest Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69865Members, Reinforced - Silver
    Is this also working with complete mods (server +client mod)?
  • MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1984699:date=Sep 29 2012, 10:21 AM:name=JimWest)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JimWest @ Sep 29 2012, 10:21 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1984699"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Is this also working with complete mods (server +client mod)?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It should be.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Is there any way for a steam workshop mod to load a modified gamestrings file? That seems to be the only limitation I am running into with this system, otherwise it works great.