Text Chat noise.

AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS!Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
<div class="IPBDescription">Like a notification, someones said something.</div>I would love it if Whenever someone said something in text chat, a little radio sound would be made!
maybe a different sound for commander ones, might help people notice others are talking in the first place. i mean, without menumod.

Comments

• Laosh'RaLaosh'Ra Join Date: 2011-12-09 Member: 137232Members
    i think there is a sound already, it's just very subtle. maybe you can notice it if you actively remember the sound first.
  • Bad MojoBad Mojo Join Date: 2009-05-01 Member: 67317Members
    I feel like it would be helpful to the devs if there was a sticky thread for small issues like this one. Any small, hud-related issues, interface, sounds, anything that makes the menu more user-friendly, etc. These are obviously not high on UWE's priority list with fixing bugs, implementing gameplay elements, and trying to balance the game, so it might be nice for them to have a singular thread they can refer to where the community has already made a list for them of simple additions and tweaks such as this one.
  • BiteyBitey Join Date: 2012-05-06 Member: 151622Members, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester
    Bip...
    Bip..
    Bip.
    Bip bip bip bip bip bip bip bip

"Stop spamming!"

Bip!
  • WildChickenWildChicken Join Date: 2004-08-25 Member: 30891Members, Constellation
    I'd have to say I'm generally against non-combat noises ingame. IF this was to be implemented to an extent where it's noticeable, there has to be a setting to disable it.

Really, how hard is it to look at the chat area? Even disregarding the fact that as a comm I usually have to open the console to see what people are writing because the text is hidden behind assigned groups.