Beta weekend before release?

PeacefulwarriorPeacefulwarrior Join Date: 2012-09-09 Member: 158825Members
In a month, steam users who pre-ordered the game will finally get their hands on the game and play. Although, i was wondering if there is a possibility for a steam beta weekend to those who have pre-ordered through steam and haven't had the chance at beta. I think this will keep those new fans happy for what they purchased instead of thinking that they may have wasted $25.

What do you guys think?m Would this be a good idea or end up as a disaster?

Comments

• NoxZANoxZA Join Date: 2012-09-18 Member: 159814Members
    Disaster, simply because I don't think there would be enough servers to handle the influx of players for that weekend
  • PeacefulwarriorPeacefulwarrior Join Date: 2012-09-09 Member: 158825Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1981781:date=Sep 22 2012, 09:42 AM:name=NoxZA)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NoxZA @ Sep 22 2012, 09:42 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1981781"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Disaster, simply because I don't think there would be enough servers to handle the influx of players for that weekend<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Again this is for only for those who pre-ordered so we don't get the entire steam community. If they don't have enough servers, then the release date could be a disaster as well just due to the fact that the servers will be full.
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    Why would anyone think they wasted $25 on prepurchasing a game just because they're not in the beta? Are all the people buying XCOM on Steam worrying about having wasted their money?
  • NoxZANoxZA Join Date: 2012-09-18 Member: 159814Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1981800:date=Sep 22 2012, 07:42 PM:name=Peacefulwarrior)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Peacefulwarrior @ Sep 22 2012, 07:42 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1981800"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Again this is for only for those who pre-ordered so we don't get the entire steam community. If they don't have enough servers, then the release date could be a disaster as well just due to the fact that the servers will be full.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I knew you only meant the pre orders, it'll still turn out to be a disaster. At release more ISPs can get there hands on the files needed to run a server, but for a weekend it's rather a steep order, especially this close to release.
  • RiCexEaTeRRiCexEaTeR Join Date: 2010-05-10 Member: 71700Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Actually I like this idea. Not for the pre-orders (sorry) but to get a little preview of our server supply and demand upon release.
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    If i remmeber correctly, i do believe a free weekend for everyone is in the plans, but dont hold me to it :)
  • ÒŗăNģёÒŗăNģё Join Date: 2012-02-09 Member: 144437Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I have always thought it would be good idea but i fear the community doesn't have the servers to maintain enjoyable 30tic games
  • PeacefulwarriorPeacefulwarrior Join Date: 2012-09-09 Member: 158825Members
    How do we know the servers are ready for launch when they haven't quite been tested to the max? I do understand however, that beta weekend is a pretty difficult order to go through and the release i think is closer then ever so it may be too late for one?
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited October 2012
    I think all the people who aren't in the beta should:
    - relax
    - wait for the 1.0 release on Oct 31 :-)