Bile bomb reducing energy on jetpacks

DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
It can be so incredibly frustrating to try and defend against jetpacks, especially as a gorge. I think it would be interesting to have jetpacks affected by bile bomb. I'm not saying it should totally kill it, but it would be nice to have bile bomb slowly drain the energy. Not a huge percentage, but enough that it is noticeable. It could be difficult to hit a jetpacker with it, but during a hive rush it could be incredibly helpful for your teammates. With the adrenaline nerf, I can't use leap constantly as a skulk, so I end up running around under the jetpacker's feet hoping he'll run out of energy and land in my mouth. It's particularly frustrating on maps like veil - If a bunch of jetpackers come into cargo, your hive is basically screwed.

What do you guys think? Would it make bile bomb overpowered?

Comments

• hankyhanky Join Date: 2011-08-28 Member: 118944Members
    Agree love this idea.
  • mushookeesmushookees Join Date: 2008-03-26 Member: 63967Members
    Bile bomb no, lerk spores yes
  • SixtyWattManSixtyWattMan Join Date: 2004-09-05 Member: 31404Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1981503:date=Sep 21 2012, 01:46 PM:name=mushookees)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mushookees @ Sep 21 2012, 01:46 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1981503"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Bile bomb no, lerk spores yes<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Bilebomb countering JPs would be rediculous. Spores already kill jet packers so having it sap their energy would just be double retarded. These ideas would make jetpacks worthless.

IMO wait for webs if they are still planned.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    As said before, webs do a better job at restricting jetpack spam.
  • TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    Getting tired of bilebomb becoming the hard counter for everything.
  • FroztyFrozty SWEDEN Join Date: 2012-01-22 Member: 141596Members
    Lol thats like having flamer locks down enemys special abilitys.
    Sounds like a bad idea.
  • KopikatKopikat Join Date: 2012-09-06 Member: 158170Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1981560:date=Sep 21 2012, 02:14 PM:name=TimMc)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TimMc @ Sep 21 2012, 02:14 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1981560"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Getting tired of bilebomb becoming the hard counter for everything.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Basically this.
  • RobustPenguinRobustPenguin Join Date: 2012-08-17 Member: 155719Members
    Potentially bombard whip? I mean, noone uses them for anything currently and UWE has already shown they dont want it to be the aliens arc so why not make it a legitimate defensive structure?
  • hakenspithakenspit Join Date: 2010-11-26 Member: 75300Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1981560:date=Sep 22 2012, 08:14 AM:name=TimMc)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TimMc @ Sep 22 2012, 08:14 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1981560"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Getting tired of bilebomb becoming the hard counter for everything.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    cmon...so far its only..
    Turtles
    Arcs
    Exo's
    any game ending push by aliens.

Clearly gorges and bile bomb are underused.......ahahahaha sorry tried not to laugh whilst saying that.

Bile bomb lacks the range to do anything to JP's.
  • RobustPenguinRobustPenguin Join Date: 2012-08-17 Member: 155719Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1981905:date=Sep 23 2012, 03:44 AM:name=hakenspit)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hakenspit @ Sep 23 2012, 03:44 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1981905"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->cmon...so far its only..
    Turtles
    Arcs
    Exo's
    any game ending push by aliens.

Clearly gorges and bile bomb are underused.......ahahahaha sorry tried not to laugh whilst saying that.

Bile bomb lacks the range to do anything to JP's.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Only gorges cant break a turtle on their own and its not really a hard counter to exos. I dont call 30 damage over the biles whole duration (around 20 biles per exo, to an exo that can be welded to full in 2 seconds) a counter, its like saying 10 skulks is a counter. Sure it'll kill the thing, doesnt mean its especially effective.
  • hakenspithakenspit Join Date: 2010-11-26 Member: 75300Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1982002:date=Sep 23 2012, 10:26 PM:name=RobustPenguin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RobustPenguin @ Sep 23 2012, 10:26 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1982002"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Only gorges cant break a turtle on their own and its not really a hard counter to exos. I dont call 30 damage over the biles whole duration (around 20 biles per exo, to an exo that can be welded to full in 2 seconds) a counter, its like saying 10 skulks is a counter. Sure it'll kill the thing, doesnt mean its especially effective.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Many a game won thanks to gorge bile bomb...sure the rest of the team is needed but without the gorges bile bomb a lot of games would simply not end.
    They just buffed the bile bomb against ONLY exo's so clearly there is a belief it should be of significant use, as is the case with arc trains, turtles (sorry but for 10 res gorges kick more ass than Onos).

You will rarely see a game ending push that is succesful unless there is a gorge present to heal and bile....the later often being of more importance.
    Gorge has more than enough reasons to get into battle...webs are a better counter to JP's and dont require the gorge to be present when you have JP's flying around.
  • IllidanIllidan Join Date: 2003-08-17 Member: 19861Members
    Bilebomb affecting energy? Doesn't make any sense to me.

There are lerks to kills jetpacks and jetpacks run low on energy very fast, so no need to affect it anyway.
  • KeldornKeldorn Join Date: 2012-05-05 Member: 151587Members
    edited September 2012
    Why not use clogs for this? Gorges can put em on ceilings. Make em sticky vs jpers ! Its stickyness could be made to be a separate upgrade.

<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flypaper" target="_blank">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flypaper</a>

Damn flies !