New to NS2 had a question about ping

djturbolencedjturbolence Join Date: 2012-09-17 Member: 159751Members
edited September 2012 in New Player Forum
Hey new to NS2, pre ordered on steam and looking forward to playing. Been playing CS for quite a bit now and other FPS games, but this one is gonna get me hooked for sure {watched the entire Wasabi cup like 3 times}. Wanted to introduce myself to the the forums, and Looking forward to the release! Question: Tried to contact NS2 any way I could, but maybe you guys could help. Is there anyone with Beta Access from Hawaii? I don't want your key, (well I do) but I'm wondering about the Ping. Online Games from Hawaii are hit or miss because of the connection, and I'm wondering how NS2 is? Thanks a lot and Aloha!

Comments

• GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    Cant anwser your ping question.
    But wellcome to the community, and im glad you enjoyed the the Wasabi Cup, it was loads of fun :) And hopefully we will be able to have more in the future :)
  • djturbolencedjturbolence Join Date: 2012-09-17 Member: 159751Members
    edited September 2012
    Thanks! Good to be here.
  • MotherGooseMotherGoose Join Date: 2002-03-12 Member: 308Members, Constellation
    Aloha dj :D

welcome to the community. afraid i can't help with the ping question either but hopefully someone here will be able to sort you out.
  • djturbolencedjturbolence Join Date: 2012-09-17 Member: 159751Members
    If it ends up being bad, I'm debating hosting a server here then if we don't have a Hawaii server. Gotta take one for the team! I wish I knew about this game earlier; heard it from a friend to check this game out on steam been seriously tweaking and watching vids since. Super jealous of all you beta players!!!
  • DghelneshiDghelneshi Aims to surpass Fana in post edits. Join Date: 2011-11-01 Member: 130634Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Just be aware that server hosting costs for NS2 are atrocious right now, hopefully getting a lot better with new optimizations coming in.