Natural Selection 2 News Update - NS2 Build 219 released

1235»

Comments

• LUSITANERLUSITANER Join Date: 2010-09-19 Member: 74086Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1976038:date=Sep 12 2012, 02:49 AM:name=MOOtant)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MOOtant @ Sep 12 2012, 02:49 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1976038"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Time to check if FPS increased from 5 to 6.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This post made my day
  • SoH-BetaSwordSoH-BetaSword Join Date: 2012-09-10 Member: 158936Members
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->•Removed the Evolve limitation of needing to be on the ground and have enough room,<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Doesn't that result in Ventilation-Onos/Fade?
    And also evolving where they shouldn't - like from the ceiling of the Marine-Base?

If so, a new limitation should be done(maybe evolve is only possible on Infestation or the Player needs to absorb a Cyst during that Process).
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES&#33; FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS&#33; Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    edited September 2012
    PLEASE make the turret an anti-lifeform insead of an anti-structure, the tiem it takes to put the turret up means the structure(s) would already be dead or defended, bleh!
    also excuse my lack fo post as i have a terribad keyboard atm, but
    the idea you have for turet placementnow IS BEAST. just make them cost a bit more, and target faster, remove the stacking damge (This is riduccculus!) and it will be perfect, balanced, and useable! Finaly a comprimise YOU GUYS came up with, not us. Coders do come through eventualy i guess.
    i also agree that the turrets must be buffed and made for area-denial. if you dont like to play vs the AI, go play chess in real life.
  • TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1977575:date=Sep 14 2012, 06:42 AM:name=LUSITANER)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LUSITANER @ Sep 14 2012, 06:42 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1977575"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->i also agree that the turrets must be buffed and made for area-denial. if you dont like to play vs the AI, go play chess in real life.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Indeed. They just need a mechanic to prevent spam. Either a hard limit per room, or make so only 1 turret can fire at once in a room. And buff them accordingly. Should deny a lone skulk or lerk, but teams can still assault without real issue.
    Ok, the ridiculous loading times got fixed, but still, 9fps in low texture quality settings...... also, i was starting to build a ghost phase gate and the game freezed.... hell yeah, its fun...
  • Know painKnow pain Join Date: 2012-09-04 Member: 157674Members
    I hate 219, I can't send my gorge poo through the glass at terminal into a marine base anymore.
  • OutlawDrOutlawDr Join Date: 2009-06-21 Member: 67887Members
    Make turrets player purchased and player deployed... just like mines. Each player can only drop one turret at a time. Theres your cap, and it scales with player count.

And yes, revert turrets to anti-player. but beyond that turrets need an overhaul. Marines need area denial. Turrets become a problem when they turn into killing machines like in past builds. They should help with defense without being the stars. Allow them to rotate 360...or damn near close to it. Their limited arcs make them poor at defending. Change their weakness to that they can't target by themselves. They need assistance from players or commander. A turret by itself won't target an alien unless the alien attacks a building or player. This gives aliens the choice of moving through a turreted room unmolested, but at the cost of not attacking anything. If a player is in the room, damaging the alien allows turrets to target the alien. A commander can also scan the room to allow turrets to target. With better rotation their damage doesn't have to be phenomenal. With the targeting limitations an increase in range wouldn't hurt.
  • ThanatosDMCThanatosDMC Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159525Members
    Add Gorge ability to create Harvesters. Aliens die if they lose all Harvesters and cant create anymore.
  • ChronibisChronibis Join Date: 2012-08-26 Member: 156498Members
    edited September 2012
    found a couple bugs, recycling a robotics facility on mineshaft gave no resources, when you build a mac, the constuction complete sound is "all clear" from a marine, and the floor is still glitchy in terminal on tram. game crashes quite frequently it seems too.
  • PricePrice Join Date: 2003-09-27 Member: 21247Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1977030:date=Sep 13 2012, 04:24 PM:name=Kurrine)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kurrine @ Sep 13 2012, 04:24 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1977030"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--coloro:#aadd00--><span style="color:#aadd00"><!--/coloro-->Sure they can......<!--coloro:#00FFFF--><span style="color:#00FFFF"><!--/coloro--><b>NANITES!</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Na....what???
    No info about that :(
    What is that?
  • dethovudethovu Join Date: 2009-06-23 Member: 67906Members
    edited September 2012