Babbler Bug

colt45colt45 Join Date: 2002-11-06 Member: 7344Members
Ive been playing as the gorge and attacking with babblers for the fun of it lately. However, ive noticed in several areas on different maps, when you fire no babbler appears. Ive seen 2 things happen as well. I can sometimes jump up and fire and the babbler will appear. Another time i jumped up and fired and the babbleer slowly sunk into the ground. I dont understand how this weapon can have this bad a bug because im assuming it is a modified snark and i dont ever remember having any problems with those. Oh and by the way, the babbler bug was happening on flat level ground in a wide open area.

Comments

• coilcoil Amateur pirate. Professional monkey. All pance. Join Date: 2002-04-12 Member: 424Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    When you fire a babbler, the game checks to make sure there's room for it to appear. If you aim at the floor, it will probably not spawn because it would spawn in the floor. The easiest way to avoid it is to aim up slightly.

As for sinking through the floor... this is a nasty bit of behavior with clip brushes, IIRC. It will also occasionally happen when placing buildings on transparent railings (this happens in ns_nothing on occasion).
  • 4Square4Square Join Date: 2002-11-15 Member: 8796Members
    edited November 2002
    Typically, if you aim directly up or sit so that your pooping babblers out around a corner like so...

[][][][][] X = the gorge
    []__^ [] ^ = the direction you aiming
    [][][]X []
    [][][]_[]

they tend to come out ok. Nothing like a web/babbler fight with a marine.
  • GreyPawsGreyPaws Join Date: 2002-11-15 Member: 8659Members
    Yeah ive seen the babbler thing too, and the sinking through the floor thing, but it happens on a few maps not just one, it happens with health and ammo, and with building (factories turrets, def and off chams) should I start a topic on this or has it been adressed?