NS2 on linux

ibabibab Join Date: 2012-09-08 Member: 158562Members
edited September 2012 in Server Discussion
I managed to get SteamCMD running fine on my CentOS 6 minimal x64. However, now I can not launch the server itself.

Whenever I use wine Server.exe -name "Name" -map ns2_tram -limit 16, it loads everything until it says "Finished loading 'maps/ns2_tram.level'" and then terminates the program.

What's wrong with it?

<b>EDIT:</b> So I noticed that the server was giving an error "Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded" after which I used export DISPLAY=":0.0" and now it wont terminate the program, but still doesn't really do anything.

Comments

• devicenulldevicenull Join Date: 2003-04-30 Member: 15967Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    You may need some type of display device running.. the server does try to create a GUI window so you can get to the console/profiler. That may fail under wine if the server isn't running X. You may need to setup xvfb.
  • joshmmojoshmmo Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71293Members
    edited September 2012
    I think I had a similar problem trying to ssh in and run. At that point I jumped on the server to run it but that might not be an option for you
  • ibabibab Join Date: 2012-09-08 Member: 158562Members
    edited September 2012
    <b>Got it working.</b> I had to install vcrun2005. Now the server appears to be running fine.