[addition] Personal Waypoints

SentrySteveSentrySteve .txt Join Date: 2002-03-09 Member: 290Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">At least for the Kahraa</div>It would be nice if I could right click while I have the minimap up and create a waypoint as an FPS player. I find myself looking at the minimap most of the time I'm not in a battle just so I can figure out where to go to be useful. I'd like to be able to hear a teammate say 'get to Storage,' I can click up my map, click to add my own personal waypoint, and have an onscreen guide (similar to what the marines can get through their commander) lead me to my destination.

Honestly I don't know if the alien commander can already do this, I've never had one assigned, and I miss all the beauty of the map when I constantly need the minimap up to travel.

Comments

• AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES&#33; FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS&#33; Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    what like double click on the map and it will set up a waypoint to that location? liking, i get lost constantly, especialy with celerty lerk or skulk(whilst waljumping to high hickory)
  • RMJRMJ Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155190Members
    edited September 2012
    Maps are pretty hard to navigate, as soon as im about to learn a map somewhat, they change the layout haha.

Ive been thinking about personal waypoint or something, running with map out or having to look at map every 5 sec kinda sucks :S

its kinda off because one day i was playing 1 game and i have a little minimap in the corner, not sure wtf but it was only there that one game never seen it since, that was pretty helpful atleast to me.
  • Dank McShwaggerDank McShwagger Join Date: 2009-06-10 Member: 67784Members
    +1 to this idea.

I often find myself asking comms for waypoints just to find my way around without having to constantly open the map for direction.
  • SentrySteveSentrySteve .txt Join Date: 2002-03-09 Member: 290Members, Constellation
    Glad I'm not the only one. Even though the maps are supposed to be more streamlined than NS1 maps I somehow get lost in them constantly. Hopefully personal waypoints are added in eventually.