SVN Checkin: No more girl screams.

BlasphemyBlasphemy Join Date: 2008-05-02 Member: 64201Members, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
<div class="IPBDescription">Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!</div>Please don't let it be true! It added so much to the game. My friends and I would always go "Aahh!" every time our character died just because it sounded so funn- awesome. In all seriousness though, it had a morbidity to it which I heavily enjoyed.

Comments

• TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    Its amusing, but I think it diminishes the good atmosphere that is built in the game.

So glad to see them go. I would like my gorge cry taunt back though. :( Infact I want all the taunts back.
  • TheIcarusKidTheIcarusKid Join Date: 2012-03-23 Member: 149258Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1970605:date=Sep 3 2012, 02:23 PM:name=TimMc)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TimMc @ Sep 3 2012, 02:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1970605"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I would like my gorge cry taunt back though. :( Infact I want all the taunts back.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yes I miss the call of the Gorgie! And the Lerk scream was sooo much fun when doing base dives.
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I prefer the winding sounds like in CS, sort of like hitting a guy in his stomach :P Also the 'ching/donk' sound when you get a hs but don't kill them.

My issue with the screams is that they are sort of half hearted, and are not 'blood-curdling' enough.

Honestly, one of my big issues with the sounds in this game is that they are all quite 'sammey'... I think as was mentioned a while ago, about their simplification. I think that would be a good thing.
  • Onii-chanOnii-chan Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7164Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1970619:date=Sep 4 2012, 12:40 AM:name=Runteh)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Runteh @ Sep 4 2012, 12:40 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1970619"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->My issue with the screams is that they are sort of half hearted, and are not 'blood-curdling' enough.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

NS was always pretty lighthearted about these things, even comical at times.
    That's why the screams are a bit silly and there isn't blood all over the maps ala Dead Space.

Probably better to keep them this way.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I find the marine screams endlessly amusing and satisfying
  • AtoneAtone Join Date: 2009-09-21 Member: 68839Members
    My gaming rig is dead. Where can I hear this scream?
  • GreenFlameGreenFlame Join Date: 2011-03-17 Member: 86860Members
    The screams in 217 don't fit the game at all, I actually like a lot the previous, the are, I think, better then in any other game. The new ones sound just fake and silly and out of place.
    Also new voices for commander are bad: annoying and too emotional, old ones are way better, I like that the previous voice is calm while saying "Command Station is under attack", and maybe I like the voice itself better.

And yes, off topic, but please give us taunts and taunt animation back and remove the requests from Q and add "Weld me" or "Let me weld you" sayings.
    And maybe allow for custom messages to pop up over head =)
  • Onii-chanOnii-chan Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7164Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1970659:date=Sep 4 2012, 01:43 AM:name=GreenFlame)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GreenFlame @ Sep 4 2012, 01:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1970659"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Also new voices for commander are bad: annoying and too emotional, old ones are way better, I like that the previous voice is calm while saying "Command Station is under attack", and maybe I like the voice itself better.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This x1000.

<!--quoteo(post=1970659:date=Sep 4 2012, 01:43 AM:name=GreenFlame)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GreenFlame @ Sep 4 2012, 01:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1970659"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->And yes, off topic, but please give us taunts and taunt animation back and remove the requests from Q and add "Weld me" or "Let me weld you" sayings.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The VGS system needs some work indeed, Tribes Ascend really did that well.
    The devs should try to copy it and improve upon it. Probably after 1.0 if there's no time now.

Is the release gonna be on NS1's 10 year anniversary? That would really rock.
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Something wrong on a very basic level of thinking when I burst out laughing when marines die.

Gorge taunt needs to come back. It's SO good. I mean really, nobel prize of alien audio.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I guess I'm in the minority, but I actually liked the marine death screams. It was distinctive enough that you could actually hear when the marines died as opposed to the previous low pitch death grunting.
  • 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members
    I liked the screams, it is exactly how someone would sound with a skulk attached to their face. Well, maybe a little more muffled.
  • WorthyRivalWorthyRival Black Armor Division Join Date: 2006-11-07 Member: 58470Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I love the new scream. Sounds like you were snatched and dispatched quickly.

I'm pretty sure you only hear it when you are picked off when alone.
  • Hunter.S.T.Hunter.S.T. Join Date: 2012-05-26 Member: 152596Members
    Bring back gorge squwak, ive been having to do it myself over the mic, although im told i do an uncanny impression lol

SQUWAAAAAAAAAAAAAK!