Why is everyone too stupid to use/combat exos?

Omega_K2Omega_K2 Join Date: 2011-12-25 Member: 139013Members, Reinforced - Shadow
Yeah, I know they are knew, but honestly, it's not that hard to figure them out.

Most common mistakes I see:

<u>Marines:</u>
<ul><li>No exos/players to defend bases when attacking with exos [honestly, one dual exo with 4 macs can hold off a lot of stuff easily]</li><li>Exo train in one place, but nothing at all to repair them</li><li>Using players instead of MACs to repair them [MACs are cheap and repair faster. Having a player weld an exo is a waste of a player, they can do other stuff]</li><li>Exos sticking too close together - you can cover EACH OTHER easier if you have some space between</li><li>Suicide runs with that precious 50/75 res [aka, HEY GUYS, GOOD IDEA: LETS KILL THAT SINGLE HIVE OUT OF TWO/THREE EVEN THOUHG IT WILL COST US THE EXOS AND WE ONLY HAVE 1 RES TOWER LEFT SO I TAKES FOREVER TO GET THE RES BACK]</li></ul>

<u>Alies:</u>
<ul><li>Attacking the exo mindlessly instead of any people/units repairing them</li><li>Attacking exos from the front [FLANK. Run around like mad, it's a pain in the ass to shoot things that are close to you as exo, especially if you have to turn around constantly]</li><li>Not realizing that with all exos in one place, rushing the enemy base could end the game [as exos can't be beaconed]</li><li>Missing focus. Take down the smoking/half-dead exos, not the ones on close-to-full-hp</li></ul>

/rant

Comments

• PampelmusePampelmuse Join Date: 2005-04-06 Member: 47641Members
    I <b>never</b> generalize because <b> always everybody </b> misunderstands me.
  • Laosh'RaLaosh'Ra Join Date: 2011-12-09 Member: 137232Members
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Suicide runs with that precious 50/75 res [aka, HEY GUYS, GOOD IDEA: LETS KILL THAT SINGLE HIVE OUT OF TWO/THREE EVEN THOUHG IT WILL COST US THE EXOS AND WE ONLY HAVE 1 RES TOWER LEFT SO I TAKES FOREVER TO GET THE RES BACK]<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    imo this is still a LOT better than EXOs retreating from single skulls, roaming a corridor near the hive getting teared down one by one (support first (which is also required to actually secure the location with structures), EXOs after) OR losing the base because the EXOs are sometimes taking several minutes (killing cysts and stuff like that) until they finally put up some serious pressure.
    it certainly depends on the situation, sure, but hives go down fairly quickly especially if you use the claw as well. it is usually enough to have one EXO or 1-2 marines keeping the aliens busy while doing this, chances are decent that most or even all EXOs can survive this.
    from what i've seen in b217 so far, hesitation of EXO pilots lost a lot more games than growing a pair and killing off that hive in a few seconds.
    to clarify this: i am talking about attacks (as in: if you attack a hive, do it as quickly as reasonably possible), this doesn't mean it's always good to have an attack going, i agree with you there.
    and MACs, yes. they can still repair the EXOs even if you have to beacon.
  • 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members
    A 2nd hive is worth a lot more than a bunch of exos (in most cases at least). Macs die near instantly to bilebomb (you know, the thing everyone uses to counter exos). Spreading out isnt really viable in hallways where you will get raped one by one as you loose LoS to your buddies around corners.