Are permenant hydras here to stay?

Hunter.S.T.Hunter.S.T. Join Date: 2012-05-26 Member: 152596Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Also, are T-res lifeforms here to stay?</div>Hi all,

As title really, im really enjoying the new tactical options that this game mechanic has introduced, especially combined with tres for lifeforms, im just wondering if these two are here to stay?

Regards,
Hunter

Comments

• .ADHd.ADHd Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146565Members
    I hope so! :D

I didn't like the pres system with eggs since it basically seemed like "freebies" which is absurdity in an economy based game. Sure you needed RT's to gain pres but you always gained pres and started with a good amount anyway. It never slowed down your team when you bought them egg's. Also, it was really annoying to have had 300 tres and not be able to drop your teammates weapons after you have spent your pres. Glad that is all fixed finally.
  • greenpeegreenpee Join Date: 2012-04-10 Member: 150218Members
    edited September 2012
    Yeah I like the tres for eggs. There was no consequence for it before. You just were able to drop a fade egg no problem, with no downside to it. Now, you could be passing up a crucial upgrade, or a forward healing station or something to give someone an egg, at least early. And late, if you're swamped with res and trying to end it, just drop onos and gorge eggs and finish it faster.

edit: As for hydras, I think for as much pres as they cost, theyre a little too fragile and not enough dmg. Dunno, just my opinion.
  • EgoGamerEgoGamer Join Date: 2012-06-21 Member: 153536Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Supporter
    You're asking if something permanent is here to stay? :P /troll

As far as we know they are, but the game is always subject to change.
  • ASnogarDASnogarD Join Date: 2003-10-24 Member: 21894Members
    I agree the Hydras are too weak, you get less of them than the old OC's but they hardly present a hazard to a vanilla marine ... any upgrades and Hydras dont even work as a slowing mechanism... 2 Gorges trying to hold off a marine attack on cargo in Veil, 3 hydras with clog cover and 2 gorges healing vs lmgs and the marines wore down the defences... skulks couldnt assist as that corridor was a target gallery for any aliens.

1 OC used be enough to make marines nervous, Hydras are decorations.... pretty but not dangerous.
    How are you suppose to use them ? In NS1 I used to place a few OC's around the hives in strategic locations that would pepper rambos to death without my assistance, the Hydras I leave barely slow down a rambo.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2012
    Please buff the hydras to offense chamber levels and have them cost as much.

From the manual.
    Name: Offense Chamber

Classic Cost: 10
    Damage: 20
    Maximum Number in Area: 8
    Hitpoints 1000
    Use: Classic: Shoots at marines and marine structures within its range. Does 1/2 damage to Heavy Armor. OC's prioritize players over structures.
  • PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    Since Commander no longer gain PRes, the TRes weapon drops & pre-evolve eggs are likely to stay. Hydras are definitely in need of buffing up, though.

Idea: what if Hydras can merge with the Clogs they are attached to? Their HP/AP are shared, so a 350/10 Newborn Hydra + 250/0 Clog = 600/10. If all three can merge with 1 Clog, then 1300/30 (better than OC). The catch is that Hydras take on the property of the Clog, so Flamethrowers will roast them with ease.