Player Name issue

xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
Seems like when players names have special characters it causes constant updates to their name on the server, not sure if this is a big deal but it does cause some pretty annoying issues.

Comments

• Schroedinger's SkulkSchroedinger's Skulk Join Date: 2012-09-01 Member: 157250Members
    edited November 2012
    I have a similar problem since build 217.

In 216 I had the username "Schroedinger's Skulk" but for some reason - I guess they added a max amount of letters - when I first started 217 it didn't display the last k when I entered a game. I then changed the "oe" to "ö" but the k was still missing. When I wanted to replace "ö" with "o" it just changed into a "?" that couldn't be deleted, even after a restart. Now I'm re-installing the game...oh, nice, it's still just "Schr?" and I still can't delete the rest, yay...

edit: continued playing last week and was able to change name, problem solved =)
  • Squirreli_Squirreli_ Join Date: 2012-04-25 Member: 151046Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    The game truncates player names to 19 characters. "exertus\Squirreli.fi" has 20 characters. Thus I am nowadays "exertus\Squirreli.f". Slightly annoying. Moar chars to player names please ;)