How's optimization?

2»

Comments

• AngeluszAngelusz Harmonic entropist Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18072Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    <!--quoteo(post=1968762:date=Aug 30 2012, 12:23 PM:name=G1R)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (G1R @ Aug 30 2012, 12:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1968762"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->...

Don´t get me wrong: i like this game A LOT. Playing it every day... but the performance ..... is a big issue.... dunno HOW MUCH future optimization will give us, but it´ll better be a bit more....<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thank you for the feedback. Optimization is not at all done yet. This patch is just another step in the right direction. There are still a lot of discrepancies between different systems (some similar rigs give completely different framerates). It's a matter of testing, sending in logs and waiting for the devs to do their thing.

In the meantime, play some games - even though the performance isn't perfect, the game is damn well enjoyable imo. :)
  • G1RG1R Join Date: 2012-08-23 Member: 156275Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1968769:date=Aug 30 2012, 03:42 AM:name=Angelusz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Angelusz @ Aug 30 2012, 03:42 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1968769"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Thank you for the feedback. Optimization is not at all done yet. This patch is just another step in the right direction. There are still a lot of discrepancies between different systems (some similar rigs give completely different framerates). It's a matter of testing, sending in logs and waiting for the devs to do their thing.

In the meantime, play some games - even though the performance isn't perfect, the game is damn well enjoyable imo. :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, about sending logs:

i wanted to send a performance log ( p_logall ), but as soon as i leave the server the game crashes and i can send a log about that crash. But the p_logall file doesn´t get saved and i can´t send a performance log ... :( or is the crash generated on purpose so the perfomance log gets send easier?
  • PersianImm0rtalPersianImm0rtal Join Date: 2010-12-02 Member: 75414Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    I get the max fps in the ready room now... 100fps.... average 40 in game though, but it is very smooth and consistant.