So I preordered NS2 back in 2010

MiamiHeat87MiamiHeat87 Join Date: 2008-10-02 Member: 65102Members
edited August 2012 in New Player Forum
<div class="IPBDescription">I can't seem to activate my key however to play the beta</div>Yea. I never really got around to playing. I tried it before 2 years ago but couldn't play the Alpha. Now I wish to play but it says I need the original game. Well.. how can I do that if I can't even download NS1 or NS2 from Steam? There is no original game for me to claim ownership of. Please help me, thank you.

Here is the message from Steam:

<blockquote><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"PRODUCT ACTIVATION

Please first activate the original game

The product code you've entered requires ownership of another product before activation.

If you are trying to activate an expansion pack or downloadable content, please first activate the original game, then activate this additional content."<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--></blockquote>

Comments

• WilsonWilson Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72867Members
    Sounds like you might be trying to activate the black armour code instead of the game code. Did you check to see if you had another key in the email for the actual game?
  • MiamiHeat87MiamiHeat87 Join Date: 2008-10-02 Member: 65102Members
    Your absolutely right Wilson, "Black Armour" sounded familiar and as I dig deeper into my old e-mails and find a way to request my keys again - sure enough I have two of them! Thank you Wilson. I'm downloading right now.
  • PricePrice Join Date: 2003-09-27 Member: 21247Members
    edited August 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1967640:date=Aug 28 2012, 10:05 PM:name=MiamiHeat87)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MiamiHeat87 @ Aug 28 2012, 10:05 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1967640"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yea. I never really got around to playing. I tried it before 2 years ago but couldn't play the Alpha. Now I wish to play but it says I need the original game. Well.. how can I do that if I can't even download NS1 or NS2 from Steam? There is no original game for me to claim ownership of. Please help me, thank you.

Here is the message from Steam:

[indent][/indent]<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Try this:
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/retrieve" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/retrieve</a>

Edit:
    im to slow...problem solved.