Game freezes after joining server

minge-killerminge-killer Join Date: 2012-08-24 Member: 156378Members
I just purchased this game and was excited to play the beta but am having trouble playing.

Every time I join a server I freeze after usually 30 seconds (the time seems to vary), and after about a minute or so I time out.

The game menu is still functional but I lose all ability to control and everything stops moving (but not completely, an example would be losing connection in source games)

If anyone could help me with this I would greatly appreciate it. I haven't seen anything online and I'm not sure what to do.

Comments

• dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    1st, welcome to the game. Hope you can solve that issue and enjoy the game.
    2nd, without any systeminformation its nearly impossible to help you.

Sounds like you playing on an notebook wich runs out of ressources.

Maybe this help:
    Goto %appdata% and delete the Natural selection 2 folder, start a new game.
    If this didnt help, check the game via steam or reinstall it.

But we really need your system specs.
  • KrkandrkanKrkandrkan Join Date: 2012-08-25 Member: 156421Members
    Same problem here. Seemed to work fine the first times I played but then this started happening all of a sudden. Game freezes as soon as I join a team. I only hear some sound.

System

MSI P67A C45 B3
    i5 2500k
    8.0 GB Corsair XMS3
    HD 6870
    Samsung 830
    Win 7 Pro x64
  • minge-killerminge-killer Join Date: 2012-08-24 Member: 156378Members
    edited August 2012
    Intel® Core™ i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz (4 cpus)

6.2 GB Ram

AMD Radeon HD 6870 (3.7 GB video ram)

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Gigabyte p55-UD3 Motherboard

I doubt it's something to do with my system specs

I've been able to play 2 games so far and all seemed to be going well but now it's freezing again, any help would be appreciated
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    Did you try the solution i mentioned above?

As some servers using custommaps via steam-workshop and this is a little bit buggy atm, here is another possible solution:
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=120106&hl=" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...=120106&hl=</a>
  • DroopyDaDogDroopyDaDog Join Date: 2003-06-18 Member: 17479Members
    It's a little late but do you guys see a little red ethernet like symbol pop up at the side when it "freezes"? Sounds like a lost connection problem I've just started having.

Tried deleting the %apdata%\Natural Selection 2 folder and managed to get one game without connection problems, but as soon as I disconected and tried any other servers it was back to dropping connection after a minute or so.
  • neilm86neilm86 Join Date: 2009-04-16 Member: 67198Members
    me and my bro have been having this problem, just very recently!!

I have had no problems playing the game for the alst few years until a couple of days ago!!