Cheating Marine?

BeelzebubBeelzebub Join Date: 2012-08-12 Member: 155506Members
Guy going by the name of Party Pooper was bragging earlier in a few games about using a bot and "testing security" He went at least 20:1or 2 in 3-4 games . The only way to kill him was to attack him while he was reloading and out of pistol ammo.. This was really disheartning to play against..

Comments

• DeadzoneDeadzone Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17911Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Not much will get done putting this up in the forums. It's going to be up to server admins to catch and ban cheaters.
  • JuCCiJuCCi Join Date: 2011-08-08 Member: 114961Members, NS2 Map Tester
  • GarfuGarfu Join Date: 2012-02-12 Member: 145170Members
    edited August 2012
    20-1 is not uncommon among the better players in the community. party pooper happens to be one of those people using an alias. You should probably edit that post and lock the thread.
  • GORGEousGORGEous Join Date: 2012-02-19 Member: 146762Members, NS2 Map Tester
  • BeelzebubBeelzebub Join Date: 2012-08-12 Member: 155506Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1965969:date=Aug 22 2012, 06:53 PM:name=Garfu)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Garfu @ Aug 22 2012, 06:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1965969"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->20-1 is not uncommon among the better players in the community. party pooper happens to be one of those people using an alias. You should probably edit that post and lock the thread.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No its not uncommon, but to do that in 4 games in a row is.
  • OprahOprah Join Date: 2012-08-14 Member: 155615Members
    There are cheaters out there, very few but still. And it's not rage, I know who most of the really good players are and have seen them go 20-1 in pubs. However it's obvious when someone is cheating. They only play marines, do not miss a shot; which is possible, however to kill 3 skulks coming from separate places with one AR mag isn't. I'd say get some hard proof before you point the finger though. And everyone who yells noob needs to start being less ignorant and think on every fps they ever played. If you can name one that didn't have any form of cheating you should give yourself a star, and then take away a star for each one you can think of that did have cheaters.

As for everyone who lives in real life, just deal with it. It's a vast minority that do these things.
  • ImbalanxdImbalanxd Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104581Members
    I don't know about aimbots, but what a lot of people are doing is getting multi click scripts or mice binds for the pistol. This is far more obvious and I think just as bad.
  • GORGEousGORGEous Join Date: 2012-02-19 Member: 146762Members, NS2 Map Tester
    edited August 2012
    Pistol scripts don't really work anymore. I've tried it and you can generally click as fast to unload it as your script will. There is a minimum refire rate. It may be defined by the animation. I'm not sure what limits it, but you can't unload an entire clip in 0.1s like you used to be able to.

On topic, it's pretty much impossible to determine if any of the good players are cheating. The best you can do is compare them to the other top players and guess. I don't think any of the regular competitive players are cheating. There is really no way to catch a cheater at the moment unless they're so bad that their terrible movement gives away their aimbot. 1.0 should have consistency checks and anticheat.
    The pistol has a fire delay. Modding it to mouse scroll or using a script won't get you past that. It's unfortunate they had to go that route. I miss the ns1 pistol and still have trouble getting used to it when I switch from ns1 to 2.
  • countbasiecountbasie Join Date: 2008-12-27 Member: 65884Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1965965:date=Aug 22 2012, 10:50 PM:name=Deadzone)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Deadzone @ Aug 22 2012, 10:50 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1965965"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Not much will get done putting this up in the forums. It's going to be up to server admins to catch and ban cheaters.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    But it's always interesting to know for the community, if cheaters have arrived and how the cheats work (not for using but for recognizing). In any game.

I for myself didn't see a cheater yet. But yeah why not.
    It would be better to post the steam id. Anyone can change their names. Not sure if ns has a status Cmd implemented though.
  • fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited August 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1965964:date=Aug 22 2012, 11:49 PM:name=Beelzebub)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Beelzebub @ Aug 22 2012, 11:49 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1965964"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->bragging earlier in a few games about using a bot and "testing security"<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    This is my favorite part of your post; where you make ###### up and pretend it actually happened.

Zero stars out of five, bad hackusation post, would not read again.

Lock in five, four, three, two...
  • Katana-Katana- Join Date: 2008-11-25 Member: 65575Members
    generally speaking, if you make a post about cheaters on a forum, and you mention score as proof you will be immediately ignored.

/thread

(please lock this before it gets ugly)
  • AngeluszAngelusz Harmonic entropist Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18072Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    <!--quoteo(post=1965983:date=Aug 23 2012, 01:44 AM:name=fanatic)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fanatic @ Aug 23 2012, 01:44 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1965983"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This is my favorite part of your post; the part where you make ###### up and pretend it actually happened.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    No need for this fanatic - for all you know he's telling the truth.

As for the topic itself; if you feel someone's cheating, record evidence (fraps, screenshots of whatever he said he was doing etc.) and send it to the server admins. It's up to them to deal with these things.

Yes, in 1.0 there will be anti-cheat <b>and</b> consistency checks.

As for now, this thread has no further purpose, hence: <sup><!--coloro:#F4A460--><span style="color:#F4A460"><!--/coloro-->*** Locked ***<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></sup>
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited August 2012
    I foresee a fiery fire in this thread and it will be Locked as such. @OP if you suspect a cheater and actually have proof, you might want to try and get in contact with the server owners and have them review the acquired proof.

<!--sizeo:1--><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Damn ninja Angelusz :D<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
This discussion has been closed.