216 on HBZ

RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
edited August 2012 in NS2 General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">Great fun!</div>Even though I am playing on a laptop at 640x480, just had an awesome couple of games on HBZ's server... The thing that made it awesome was that it was the smoothest couple of games I have played yet. I do really like docking because you can distinguish players more easily.

It was a great scrap between the two teams, aliens winning the first game and marines the second.

Feels like things are really coming together, and once the polish is added and the performance is sorted I think it will be awesome!

For me the smoother gameplay is really helping to be more tactical, so I can position myself in good areas and shotgun aliens that come round corners. It is hard when they come round and your computer stutters.

For me the basics of movement, aiming and positioning/location make a great fps. Especially when moving down corridors with your squad.

Keep it up UWE, great stuff!

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I agree. Keep in up. I can actually kill with a shotgun now. Most of my best games have been on the norcal server.
  • GBT13GBT13 Join Date: 2012-08-05 Member: 154798Members
    It was pretty cool indeed, and my framerate was mostly constant =D
    (apart from one little spike, but that's not really that big of a deal.)

Also, people kept killing me when I was playing as gorge. Why would they
    do that? That poor little piggy
  • vadorvador Join Date: 2003-11-28 Member: 23682Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    HBZ servers are awesome, but with the build 216 each time i connect my game freeze and crash. It happens only in that server, do u change something on files ? thx :)
  • TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    HBZ is annoying me this patch. Some reason when marines lose their second CIC, they still have jetpacks. Drags games way too long.
  • ImbalanxdImbalanxd Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104581Members
    HBZ for best servers 2k12
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1964107:date=Aug 16 2012, 10:07 PM:name=GBT13)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GBT13 @ Aug 16 2012, 10:07 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1964107"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It was pretty cool indeed, and my framerate was mostly constant =D
    (apart from one little spike, but that's not really that big of a deal.)

Also, people kept killing me when I was playing as gorge. Why would they
    do that? That poor little piggy<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Haha, you wernt the Gorge who kept spitting at the power node in Cafeteria were you? Had a continuous battle with that Gorge!

I kept running back to the armoury to heal, and then I'd turn round and some Gorge kept spitting at the power node. For some reason, I just couldn't kill him. Even though I unloaded 4 shotgun shells into him from 5m away as he bellyslid back to the safety of some whips in Onos bar... this happened probably 5/6 times repeatedly.

I even hid round the corner when he came back, jumped out on him, and even though I chased him all the way back firing into him... still survived.

Probably carapace or something?!!?

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->HBZ servers are awesome, but with the build 216 each time i connect my game freeze and crash. It happens only in that server, do u change something on files ? thx :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I also crash when connecting to one of the HBZ servers, not sure which one.
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->HBZ servers are awesome, but with the build 216 each time i connect my game freeze and crash. It happens only in that server, do u change something on files ? thx :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=120106" target="_blank">thread</a> might help you.
  • RowenRowen Join Date: 2012-05-04 Member: 151545Members
    I like the HBZ servers, but people there tend to stack teams heavily. It takes forever to complete teams and then it's a one sided slaughter.
  • Chuck_NorrisChuck_Norris Join Date: 2012-04-01 Member: 149779Members
    edited August 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1964324:date=Aug 17 2012, 12:00 PM:name=Rowen)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rowen @ Aug 17 2012, 12:00 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1964324"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I like the HBZ servers, but people there tend to stack teams heavily. It takes forever to complete teams and then it's a one sided slaughter.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Is that an HBZ issue? ;)

At least the HBZ guys try to even the teams skillwise.
  • vadorvador Join Date: 2003-11-28 Member: 23682Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1964191:date=Aug 16 2012, 06:25 PM:name=Bicsum)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bicsum @ Aug 16 2012, 06:25 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1964191"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=120106" target="_blank">thread</a> might help you.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thx it works, i forgot NS2 steamworshop.
  • FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1964324:date=Aug 17 2012, 12:00 PM:name=Rowen)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rowen @ Aug 17 2012, 12:00 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1964324"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I like the HBZ servers, but people there tend to stack teams heavily. It takes forever to complete teams and then it's a one sided slaughter.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Use the Voterandom command, even if you are in a Team you may get swapped to Aliens.
    Or catch me in Steam (Nick is Floodinator) and I will join the Server to do some random teams.
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    <!--quoteo(post=1964370:date=Aug 17 2012, 03:22 PM:name=Floodinator)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Floodinator @ Aug 17 2012, 03:22 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1964370"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Use the Voterandom command, even if you are in a Team you may get swapped to Aliens.
    Or catch me in Steam (Nick is Floodinator) and I will join the Server to do some random teams.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, if democracy doesn't work, just force them. :P
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    HBZ - home away from home.

That being said, it took long yesterday to get a troll banned. :b

<!--quoteo(post=1964370:date=Aug 17 2012, 04:22 PM:name=Floodinator)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Floodinator @ Aug 17 2012, 04:22 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1964370"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Use the Voterandom command, even if you are in a Team you may get swapped to Aliens.
    Or catch me in Steam (Nick is Floodinator) and I will join the Server to do some random teams.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

How do you catch someone on Steam? I mean you gotta be on their friendlist rite? (Steam user interface is really clunky sometimes.) Would be nice to have a quick way to catch HBZ members incase of le trolls. :p A votekick (with a 1hr ban) would also be appreciated.
  • FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Well you have to add us in Steam, or ask on the Server if a HBZ member is online, alot of players are "connected to us".

If you have a Troll on the Server you may record a demo (before you enter a server write record in console) and send it to us, so we can add them on our watchlist.

Keep in mind it is summer and other things than NS2 exists for us so we aren't always online.
    We have some subadmins that are displayed the moment you join the Server, f.e. Dusteh, you may also ask them for help.