Debug report hidden at crash

GrimfangGrimfang Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13086Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
<div class="IPBDescription">Can't access it</div>The last few crashes, I have had a debug report window 'appear'. The problem is that I can't bring it to the front. Whenever I try and switch to it, I see it for a second, but then a black screen of the crashed client is brought to the front, and I can't input or send anything. Has anyone had a similar problem, and is there a way to fix this?

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Can you "ALT+TAB" to the debug window? Or perhaps, Windows key+D to minimise all to try and access the window like this?
  • TyphonTyphon Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 1899Members
    I had the same issue. I think how I fixed it was to go to the window using alt-tab or the start bar (don't reminder which), and then even though I couldn't see the window I just hit enter to send the report.
  • GrimfangGrimfang Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13086Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'm using windows 7. I have done alt tab, and I can go to windows desktop, and if I go to the taskbar in the bottom of the screen, I can do a mouseover to temporary get the screen visible, but when I select it, the black NS crashed screen comes to the front again. I play in fullscreen mode, so maybe if I switched to windowed, it could work, but I crash pretty seldom, so it could take a week, to get another crash.
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    The amount of times I have crashed and haven't been able to submit the crash dialog because it crashes or I can't click on it is mind blowing....
  • rhombusrhombus Lerk Queen Join Date: 2011-06-23 Member: 106055Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    If you hit enter twice usually it submits it if you selected it through the taskbar. You can also look at the error message in the %APPDATA% folder if you really want to.
  • GrimfangGrimfang Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13086Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Thanks for that hint, I'll look through the logs in the future, see if something interesting appears
  • playerplayer Join Date: 2010-09-12 Member: 73982Members
    I haven't had error-report dialogs anymore for a good 20-30 builds now (just simple crash-to-desktops), assumed they had been taken out or some such.
  • PaajtorPaajtor Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168634Members
    *bumping old thread

Does build 254 have a VSync issue, or my PC?
    Since 254 is out, I've missed 3 debugreports this way :(
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Windows key+D to minimise all to try and access the window like this
    Gonna try that next time, thx.