Does the team get res for killing enemies?

@Korpisoturi@@Korpisoturi@ Join Date: 2010-07-17 Member: 72509Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
<div class="IPBDescription">just wondering</div>It's a bit sad that you don't get personal res for killing enemies..
But does the commander get res when the team kills enemies?

Comments

• elmo9000elmo9000 Join Date: 2012-03-24 Member: 149324Members
    No, theres no resources for kills of any kind. However, you dont gain personal resources while youre dead.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited August 2012
    It was in the game at one time (~build19x-ish, I think) and one of the main causes of turtling stalemates with the constant extra flow of res, making it possible for the marines to sustain themselves on one RT and Res for Kill, while the aliens control 95% of the map. Turning that final push to end the game into a grind fest of attrition.

Also it could make a good player nearly unstoppable with the extra resflow gained from kills. Once or rather if he is killed, he can simply re-equip himself almost instantly. The way I understand it, this is to lay emphasis on team based gameplay, while avoiding carry type gameplay. Of course a really good player can still carry a team to some extent, but he wont get extra support from game mechanics like Res for Kill. Instead it would just be skill at play with the risk of losing all his stuff if he takes too much risk. Supporting such a player with your team and it is indeed all teamplay at work. Instead of the "<i>oh he got killed, don't worry he will be back in a few moments</i>"
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    RFK leads to feeding problems (i.e. new player high death counts 'feeding' the team res and generating ill-will from more experienced players). With the no res while dead effect, dying mainly just disadvantages yourself.
  • Hunter.S.T.Hunter.S.T. Join Date: 2012-05-26 Member: 152596Members
    Hmm, i was just about to suggest that this would be a great way to prevent res lock, then read the thread and realised how stupid i was being. lol
  • mf-mf- Join Date: 2008-06-17 Member: 64463Members
    edited August 2012
    I wish their was RFK, at the moment its not punishing enough when marines die. In NS1, if marines continually suicide ran at a RT holding their clips down, it would result in early fades (3-5 minutes). In NS2, sprint + marines + low hp newborn harvestors = blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Personally i believe a small pres reward for kills would be much better than no pres when dead, which just encourages camping base... Make it small enough and it wont have the negative impacts, just be a small differentiating factor in player res (like .25 - .5 pres for a kill). Would take a lot of kills to pay for a fade so I cannot see that being a problem.