Future balance

SilverwingSilverwing bulletsponge Join Date: 2003-11-23 Member: 23395Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">post Heavy/exo</div>Just saw the stats posted on FB and was mightily impressed. Then it hit me.

What will balance out the Exo when it comes?

While I don't really play much anymore since I have lost the will to "twitch", I still follow this amazing game closely and watch replays and such. Still, I may have missed something. Still, it seems to me that UWE are fighting the good fight in balancing the game as it stands and I am absolutely certain (big words) that that fight will go on post 1.0 but what do you, the community, think will happen post-Exo?

Will aliens "merely" get tweaked stats or is there something more in the works? I don't mean a new lifeform, that seems really far fetched, I mean how will the game remain balanced?

Comments

• AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES&#33; FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS&#33; Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Same thing we said when the onos came out, now its an overpriced useless piece of... you get the point.
  • SilverwingSilverwing bulletsponge Join Date: 2003-11-23 Member: 23395Members, Constellation
    edited August 2012
    Um. Well, I am not the right one to answer Onos-related posts since I always HATED the NS2 onos. It is fugly, looks like a joke and inspires nothing but laughter. But that was not the topic.

Would you look at the Onos in a different light if there was a counter? There is one at the moment but the Exo seems to be the "hard-coded" answer to the Exo, hence my initial question.

I will restate my question: Regardless of my or anyone elses feelings about CURRENT tech/lifeforms, what do you, the community, think will happen post-Exo, in regards to balance?

I am acutely aware that UWE will (unlike most game developers) remail vigilant of the balance of the game, my question is: How will (or should) they do it?