Streaming Scrim: nexzil vs Cyd

RyneRyne Join Date: 2012-02-25 Member: 147408Members, NS2 Map Tester
edited August 2012 in NS2 General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">Starts in 20 minutes!</div><strike>Unless NS2HD comes to take over, MikeDITKA and I will be streaming the match between nexzil and Cyd.</strike>

Game starts in 20 minutes, meaning 8 PM Eastern, or 5 PM Pacific

<strike>Link: <a href="http://www.twitch.tv/rwryne" target="_blank">http://www.twitch.tv/rwryne</a></strike>

NS2HD WILL be streaming it! Here is the link: <a href="http://www.twitch.tv/naturalselection2" target="_blank">http://www.twitch.tv/naturalselection2</a>

Comments

• rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    230 viewers on the official stream on a sunday night with no previous notice really, not bad ! :) I think people are really itching to see some more consistent matches/casting.
  • RyneRyne Join Date: 2012-02-25 Member: 147408Members, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo(post=1961952:date=Aug 12 2012, 04:21 PM:name=rantology)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rantology @ Aug 12 2012, 04:21 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1961952"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->230 viewers on the official stream on a sunday night with no previous notice really, not bad ! :) I think people are really itching to see some more consistent matches/casting.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Now just to get the teams onboard!
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Thanks for casting!
  • bLink`bLink` Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146506Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Yup thanks for casting!
  • BloodyIronBloodyIron Join Date: 2009-11-09 Member: 69321Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    To Hugh: you are actually really good at commentating, keep at it, me and a buddy thoroughly enjoyed your contribution tonight.
  • Hunter.S.T.Hunter.S.T. Join Date: 2012-05-26 Member: 152596Members
    edited August 2012
    This was a really fun evening, thanks very much cyd for playing, even if we did keep smaug up a little late :)

Sorry for keeping hugh away from his preperations for the gaming show as well!! Take if from an ex singer you need to get a drink when u stream to save ur voice mate, a moist layrnx is a happy layrnx ;) Your an awesome commentator btw i loved it how you went crazy at our "lazy crossroads reloacte" if im ever not playing id love to join ya to commentate on a match if ud like to have someone that sees things from a comms pov :)

Thanks as well to ryne and mike! mike no1 said in the stream, but you actually guessed what we were going to do on the last 2 games completely right man, you got insight ;) Mike says we going to play for a different tatic, maybe mass lerk or mass gorge, and we mass lerk, then you say we are going to go for super aggressive tatic as marines as we went for shotgun rush, very wise of ya mate :)

Just to say as well, we didnt play members of our b team, we just had members who wanted to go to sleep, and other people waiting to play, this was our first pcw, and we dont really have an A team as of yet :)

Man of the Match gotta go to virsol, 3 skulks solod at crossroads with a level 0 shotgun, definatly snatched victory from cyds jaws of defeat!

In case anyones wondering how the hell we missed that rt in tram lol we actually had a bug where when we tried to place any rt, a little white arrow would appear next to the cursor, and the rt would be unplaceable, as hugh quite rightly said, this was the "other reason" why we didnt think we could place it, hope u enjoyed the free res cyd lol

Personally i still think i made a few mistakes comming, especially with the timing of the adrenaline upgrade, hopefully i will do better next time.

Next Scrim scheduled for a weeks time, fingers crossed 2 of the teams can get toether each weekend to make this a "thing"

Hope you all had as much fun watching, as we did playing.

Hunter

Edited to add: and i cant wait to see the Lazy Cross Relocate dance lol
  • bLink`bLink` Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146506Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    No one noticed I that I just basically flew around cafeteria in the air while a fade :( I wanted a fireworks up there, like some flamethrowers & grenades maybe?
  • Locke504Locke504 Join Date: 2010-04-23 Member: 71511Members, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo(post=1962049:date=Aug 12 2012, 11:53 PM:name=bLink`)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bLink` @ Aug 12 2012, 11:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1962049"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->No one noticed I that I just basically flew around cafeteria in the air while a fade :( I wanted a fireworks up there, like some flamethrowers & grenades maybe?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I noticed blink. I noticed.

Ty to the casters and players.