Nickname bugged

Steve123MCSteve123MC Join Date: 2012-08-11 Member: 155408Members
edited August 2012 in Technical Support
<div class="IPBDescription">Cannot change nickname</div>Alright here goes. I had this problem for the past 5 or so release builds and although i don't know if its related to a certain build or a problem with steam, it has stopped me from being able to change my nickname with NS2. I know that changing my steam nickname changes my nickname in other steam games such as CSS etc, but not with NS2.

In the NS2 option screen where you can change nickname it shows "????". I cannot delete the question marks but i can add characters and make the nickname longer.

I have tried deleting the NS2 game content through steam and downloading fresh, verifying integrity of the game cache and disabling/enabling steam cloud with no luck.

Has anyone else ran into a similar problem? any quick console commands to fix this? any proper procedure to follow to change the nickname?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES&#33; FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS&#33; Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    open console ingame, with the ~, say 'name #####'
    problem is possibly solved.
  • Steve123MCSteve123MC Join Date: 2012-08-11 Member: 155408Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1961128:date=Aug 11 2012, 01:20 PM:name=AuroN2)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AuroN2 @ Aug 11 2012, 01:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1961128"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->open console ingame, with the ~, say 'name #####'
    problem is possibly solved.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Sweet! Thanks <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->AuroN2<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> :)

I also had to be connected to a server for the console command to work.