Armory healing armor

124»

Comments

• WheeeeWheeee Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13713Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1961917:date=Aug 12 2012, 06:14 PM:name=ironhorse)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ironhorse @ Aug 12 2012, 06:14 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1961917"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->? Disagree regarding the lerk.
    He is all about mobility so moving faster leads to me surviving more than being slow and tanking. In my experience at least.

Harassing a room of marines and then waiting a few seconds and then "Rinse and repeat" works really well for the lerk.
    In other words: i always choose regen over cara for that class.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i guess it depends. i'm not very good at lerking so i almost always get 1 shotted anywhere near a marine when i don't have cara.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Join Date: 2005-05-15 Member: 51659
    edited August 2012
    The problem, at the moment, with welders for armors is that most don't seem to know it's possible. I basically never get welded unless they see me doing it.

IF everyone knew about it I agree that the welder should do it, not the armory.

Is it mentioned in the tooltip of the welder?
  • MorshuMorshu Join Date: 2012-08-13 Member: 155539Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2012
    Yeah I'm not too happy about the armory repairing armor on the marines again even if it is with a 'limited energy pool' added.

Here I hoped that we would get to see the MAC bots put to good use for once other than just being the bot idle back at marine HQ only to be bilebombed by a Gorgie.

You know where you would actually have a MAC out in the field along with the marine unit(s) to repair their armor or even use EMP for the fades/other just for the hell of it.

(not that EMP is cost effective but eventually (hopefully) it will be!)
  • ogzogz Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9765Members
    people complain when you take out armor
    people complain when you put back armor

can't win either way lol
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I liked the change in 215. Teamwork and communication was superior in this build. It has created more incentive to play together. It taught the newbs from the first encounters, that you need teamplay in this game. It gave less skilled alien players the chance to get that marine down on the second encounter. It felt good as com to drop welders for your team and request them to weld each other. You could teach them teamplay.
    All in all it felt simply more fun than armory humping. With UI changes like bugfixes for the welder-icon and a way to call for a weld and the changes to the MAC it would be perfect. I don't think going back to the superior forward armory is for the better. MACs will not be used. Sadly, armorys are enough now again.

I'm all for a more newb-friendly game, but on the long run this change is not newb-friendly. It only supports the rambos.