"Multiple" Commanders

KrovakonKrovakon Join Date: 2012-05-20 Member: 152332Members
So originally you could have multiple commanders, and it was a concept Charlie really liked and regretted needing to remove it (For reasonable reasons of course, At least I think it was charlie who wanted it.)

But I think it'd be nice to still allow "Multiple" commanders however all secondary commanders (Those who hop into another hive/command station while the original one is in use) Can only use PRES and not TRES.

What this allows
-Aliens to hop in other hives and drop eggs with PRES without interrupting the khammander
-Aliens to hop in and get a more detailed view on what's happening in the map
-Marines to quickly hop into a command station and drop weapons for themselves/each other if no armory is available in that area
-Marines a more detailed feel of where everyone on their team is and how the other areas are holding up

Possibly even change a few abilities from TRES to PRES to make this even more useful, But that's a different topic for a different day

I don't see any noticeable negatives that could come from this change assuming you put the words "Co-Commander" Somewhere on the HUD so players can check if they're the normal Commander or not.

Comments

• PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    edited August 2012
    Interesting, I would recommend icons associated with TRes (basically Build, Advanced, some in Assist, structure research & abilities, etc) be grayed out or show an "Access Denied" overlay for the Co-Comms.

I would love it if aliens can hop in Hives to lay a few pre-evolved eggs (although, Cyst Rupture needs to cost TRes in this case, else we have them popped by griefers)