Show powernode boundries

schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
<div class="IPBDescription">in first person and in map/minimap</div>I think the map and the mini map should show which parts of the map are affected by each powernode, and where its boundries are. Each area would have an outline to show the powernodes area of influence.

So when an area gets powered, that section of the minimap gets brighter than normal, and when an area loses power, that section of the minimap is made gray or red to indicate a power outage.

There should also be a very subtle forcefield effect (or whatever this nanogrid thing is meant to look like) in the normal first person view so that players can see where the powernode influence ends/begins. I mean very subtle so that it doesnt get in the way of aiming, and seeing enemies.

Comments

• plausiblesargeplausiblesarge Join Date: 2012-08-02 Member: 154558Members
    I approve of the minimap thing, not the first person thing
  • subshadowsubshadow Join Date: 2003-04-21 Member: 15710Members
    What areas are powered and what not, isn't that something only the marine commander needs to worry about?
    So just give him a better way to see what is powered.
  • plausiblesargeplausiblesarge Join Date: 2012-08-02 Member: 154558Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1958482:date=Aug 7 2012, 05:54 PM:name=subshadow)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (subshadow @ Aug 7 2012, 05:54 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1958482"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What areas are powered and what not, isn't that something only the marine commander needs to worry about?
    So just give him a better way to see what is powered.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Knowing all of them on the map only the commander cares about, however knowing which power node powers the building you are next to can be useful to a lone marine with a welder trying to get that phase gate back online.

I think the minimap should highlight the current "power area" as a different color with an outline on the minimap