Some beginner questions (And 2 noob suggestions)

ng.aniking.aniki Join Date: 2012-08-02 Member: 154600Members
edited August 2012 in New Player Forum
Hello ! I have some questions. I did play NS1, but that was a whiiiile ago.

-As an Alien, can you choose on which hive to spawn ? If not, what determines on which hive you are spawning ?
It is really painfull when you see that your main hive is under attack, but you spawn on the other side of a map you don't know at all.

-Also as Alien, there is a message saying that you can choose from which egg you spawn (Maybe this question will be answered by the previous one), but this message is visible for only 1-2secondes. I have barely the time to read them, when I notice the message I have already spawned. Are we supposed to be super reactive, waiting for the message with or finger on the right key ?

-Is there a way to teleport between hives ? I remember in ns1 you needed to press use on one of the alien tower. (It was not really obvious that this tower did provide teleportation ability, btw, visually. The marines one is completely obvious)

Some noobie suggestions:
-When displaying the big map, devs should make the character position more obvious. There is a lot of informations on this map, sometimes the map is pretty big, and the player icon/arrow is pretty random and small. I don't want to spend 5-10 seconds looking for my own position in this map, rotating my character to spot the only rotating icon on the map. Devs should totally put some more obvious icon or add an animated visual effect on the icon. (Like a small <a href="http://b86a38.medialib.glogster.com/media/f6d920aaa23b1c9c6602acdd1a2b89d1ec85cc763316c1da4bd0db54f0a185a0/wave.gif" target="_blank">pulsing wave</a> )

-As a marines, could be cool to have some indication in the hud of nearby marines structures, in addition to the map. Especially if there will be more vertical maps.

Thank you, have a nice day !

Comments

• deathmongerdeathmonger Join Date: 2012-07-06 Member: 153953Members
    1. No, you can't currently choose which hive to spawn at.

2. I haven't seen this message, but as far as I know you can't choose which egg you want to spawn from.

3. There isn't a way to teleport between hives at this point, but I think it might be something that will be added later. Whether it will be in the way of movement chambers again or something else I don't know--if it even happens.
  • PersianImm0rtalPersianImm0rtal Join Date: 2010-12-02 Member: 75414Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    I think in the next patch you should automatically spawn at hives that are under attack.
  • N3nY4N3nY4 Join Date: 2007-06-08 Member: 61172Members
    edited August 2012
    YEs, you can choose spawn wherever you want, here the pic.

<a href="http://www.subirimagenes.com/privadas-2012080500001-1902483.html" target="_blank">Spawn Egg</a>
  • deathmongerdeathmonger Join Date: 2012-07-06 Member: 153953Members
    I've never seen that message before.