Will the flamethrower get fixed?

_Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
I just want to know the plans for the flamer. Since adrenaline is in the game the flamer is nearly pointless. Sure its purpose is to be a support weapon and not an imba laz0r. But I thought the main purpose was to disable higher lifeforms and forcing them to retreat by stopping their energy regen. As soon as adrenaline is upgraded, the flamer gets useless in this regard because energy does regen faster than the flames suck away. I think the energy regen (without adren) should completely stop while burning and with adrenaline it should only regenerate at the rate it does now without adren.

Since shadow step there is no life form left that needs energy to retreat, so please adjust the flamers energy drain to consider adrenaline.

Disclaimer: I'm<b> <u>not</u> </b>arguing for the flamer being over- or underpowered. It is a support weapon and the ability to burn down infestation without aiming at the cysts combined with a jet pack makes the flamer a devastating infestation-vacuum. Also as anti-spore-weapon it has its purpose. But the "energy drain" was a real good counter against higher lifeforms that is now missing. Please bring it back.

Comments

• JowJow Join Date: 2011-06-23 Member: 106032Members
    I think adrenaline might get a nerf pretty soon since it seems a bit imba, hopefully they add a higher cooldown to shadowstep too, free escape is not good.
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2012
    The visuals for the flamer need work too.. I'd like to see the flame push skulks/gorges back possibly... as they get under your feet far too easily for 25/30 credits or whatever it is.
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I don't really see a problem there. As I wrote, it is a support weapon like the GL. You need LMG- or SG-marines to secure you against skulks.
  • ImbalanxdImbalanxd Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104581Members
    If you have two hives, and you are forced to upgrade adrenaline because the marines have flamethrowers in the field, isn't that mission accomplished?

I haven't played for a while so I don't know how upgrades are working at the moment, but adrenaline seems like an upgrade only suited to a few lifeforms. I don't think it would be my first or second option as a skulk, gorge or onos, and it might be my second option as a fade.
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Adrenaline can make you blink and spore nearly forever. It's also nice for leaping skulks and bilebombing gorges. You just don't have to think about your energy anymore, even when burning.
  • ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1955935:date=Aug 2 2012, 02:08 PM:name=Imbalanxd)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Imbalanxd @ Aug 2 2012, 02:08 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1955935"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If you have two hives, and you are forced to upgrade adrenaline because the marines have flamethrowers in the field, isn't that mission accomplished?

I haven't played for a while so I don't know how upgrades are working at the moment, but adrenaline seems like an upgrade only suited to a few lifeforms. I don't think it would be my first or second option as a skulk, gorge or onos, and it might be my second option as a fade.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No becuase adrenaline is a bit buffed at the monement and needs nerfing slightly. Also time scond hive is up is pretty fast for aliens, a long time befor most amrines teams are close to getting flamethrower. And those might be your options but try playing with adrenalin in game with ALL life forms, it makes playing all of them easier. Skulks dont need celerity, they can leap everywhere and bite and still have much enerygy left. Georges are like a constant steam of healspray, combined with bilebome they can take out a marine base pretty easy. Lerk umbra/spikes/etc. are near infinite. Fade Blink is also near infinite and makes them a lot more effective and over powered then it should be and onos just stops the place and kills people and smashed building without needing to wait for more energy. unless they are low on hp and retreat.
  • GORGEousGORGEous Join Date: 2012-02-19 Member: 146762Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Adrenaline is good, but both carapace and regen are better for every lifeform except gorge in which case adrenaline > regen.