MAC auto-welds marines

LPCLPC Join Date: 2002-04-07 Member: 384Members, Reinforced - Diamond
Wouldn't it be awesome if MACs would automatically start welding you when you stand next to them? It makes no sense really that they don't weld marines currently.

Comments

• PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    I would go with press E to request armor welding, since MAC collision with Marines can be a death sentence in combat (especially when MAC is moving).
  • LPCLPC Join Date: 2002-04-07 Member: 384Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    I was more thinking that it would be usefull to have him as a defensive stationairy aid.

I think your suggestion for pressing E for aid will also conflict with the commanders own play.
  • PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    Glad to see this went in :)

I'll keep an eye out on the problem I mentioned earlier, but otherwise a great change (more MAC support!)
  • WorthyRivalWorthyRival Black Armor Division Join Date: 2006-11-07 Member: 58470Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Could make the MAC deployable by commander when deployed it would weld armor and like a team fortress 2 engies dispenser, auto regen a limited ammo supply.
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    MAC's also need the ability to follow a target - so that they can follow a group of marines, weld em, help build and repair power.

same with drifters actually
  • WorthyRivalWorthyRival Black Armor Division Join Date: 2006-11-07 Member: 58470Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    and set patrol routes
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Like PsiWarp said, the collisions are going to be extremely frustrating.
  • spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    Well, now it's a thing!
  • TyphonTyphon Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 1899Members
    Isn't this going to make the problem of breaking a marine base even harder? Now marines can get their armor repaired without even having to face an armory, they can just stand their ground, firing, and getting repaired.
  • LPCLPC Join Date: 2002-04-07 Member: 384Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    you could make the repair rate slow enough so that it wouldn't be so OP?
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    base camping always loses you the game in the long run i think, and also facing the armory no longer repairs your armor - how ironic :P

but look at it this way the commander has spent res on the mac so it should be useful