NS2_Penta

124»

Comments

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Cetme wrote: »
    Hi All (after a very long time),

in the year 2013 I stopped working on this map for several reasons.
    1. I had a lot of work with over 200+ hours overtime and at the same time we were undermanned ...
    2. The tools of the editor are (were?) somtimes not very helpful to work on an map wich don't follows the grid (which increase the worktime).
    3. etc. ...

But I never stopped thinking about ns2_penta and I am very unhappy about the fact that the map isn't finished.

That there still exist interest from the community for ns2_penta I recognised very late (possibly too late).

However ...

If there is still interest I would try to upload all my work or send the files per e-mail.
    I would redesign the blueprint (make the map a little bit smaler) and help with the ideas for the map and answer any question. ;)

Greetz Cetme

Unfortunately, this is still the case. The editor is still very unforgiving for off-grid geometry. However, I've released a small set of tools for moving geometry back and forth between the editor and Blender via the clipboard. For ns2_temple, I've been doing at least 90% of all the geometry in blender, and just moving it over to spark. It lets me easily work off-grid. Of course, it's always a little tricky to join rooms that are off grid in different way from each other (ie a regular room and a room at a 22.5 degree angle, for example.)

I'd say there's DEFINITELY some interest in this map! :) It may need some work to balance it gameplay-wise, but I'm sure everyone from the community will be happy to have this around.

Welcome back!