Some questions about MOTD, Tooltip and Mapcycle

BynXBynX Join Date: 2012-07-24 Member: 154332Members
Hey guys ! I'm just wondering about stuff that I can't get to work..

I started a new server and did some change about the balance between Marines and Aliens (such as speed, hp, dmg and stuff like that) but do anyone know if there is a way to change game tooltip ? Here is my problem, I changed some upgrades cost on my server and its working great but the tooltip doesn't display the correct value, is there a way to fix this ?

Another thing, I've been looking for it everywhere but its just don't work for no reason, its the mapcycle ! The funny thing is almost all of my folders of the server have the .txt file, still wondering why its not working !

The last thing I would like to talk to, is kind of MOTD or Welcome message when you join the server, any idea about how I could do this ?

If anynone could help me, would be greatful, thanks alots ! :D

Comments

• BynXBynX Join Date: 2012-07-24 Member: 154332Members
    Well, nevermind for the mapcycle, seems the last update fixed it :o
  • HuzeHuze Insightful Join Date: 2003-11-12 Member: 22724Members, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    <a href="https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f7aoj9fvc4jftas/khO53SAZ7R" target="_blank">Here's my basic MOTD mod</a>
    Thanks, thats what I was looking for ! But is there a way to send multiples lines instead of only one ?
  • HuzeHuze Insightful Join Date: 2003-11-12 Member: 22724Members, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yeah, of course. I edited the link above.
    Thanks again, you're a boss !
    edited July 2012
    Huze, is there a way that it use private message to the joining player and not the entire server ? When the server change map, its like a massive spam to everyone... :(

PS : Just like a sv_psay message, should be great !
    Oh whoops.. updated link above. You only have to update MOTD.lua
    This is perfect, thanks again :D
    I still have something to ask, sorry to bother you :p

I would like a new command in the game (chat message) that displays some text to the user (only the user).

Exemple : If player "A" type "/help" in chat, it will be displayed a message (from helpmsg.txt for exemple) to him. Is that possible ?!

Well, another thanks :D
    <a href="https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e3bjlpsc6v27v00/wmGsz7FEry" target="_blank">Try this out</a>

Load up 'Messages.json' and add in your messages.

Unfortunately I couldn't see a good way to implement this without directly editing NS2 files, so this file may have to be updated in future builds.
    This is amazingly great (dunno if it means something, but you probably got it ) !
    Exactly what I was looking for, I show you all my gratitude. (Also wrote your name on motd, info and help .txt for this)