Achievements!

fmponefmpone Join Date: 2011-07-05 Member: 108086Members, Squad Five Blue
edited July 2012 in Squad Five
I thought it would be a fun thing for the community to start brainstorming some NS2-themed achievements. I don't like the idea of getting spammed by achievements, so maybe everybody could name just a few of their best achievement ideas, and we could go from there? I had a few to get the ball rolling:

-5 Axe Kills in One Round: <b>Axe Murderer</b>
-Pistol Kill an Onos: <b>Bullseye</b>

Comments

• UlmontUlmont Join Date: 2011-10-02 Member: 125211Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    A bit of a long list, but I figured I'd get some of the more obvious ones out there:

TSF Victory - Win a match as the TSF
    Karhaa Victory - Win a match as the Karhaa
    Engineer - Build five structures in one match
    Fix Bayonets - Kill an enemy with the rifle-butt
    Agent Orange - Kill five structures in one match
    Airborne - Kill an enemy while using a Jet-pack or while playing as a Lerk
    Oh Noes - Evolve to an Onos
    Anything for the TSF - Play as Maine Commander for the majority of a match, and win
    They'll be requiring more minerals - Destroy five resource towers in one match
    Recruit - Participate in five full matches
    Battle Hardened - Participate in ten full matches
    Veteran - Participate in twenty full matches
    Hero - Participate in one-hundred full matches
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2012
    Instead of just participating in matches (which you can by beeing afk...)

name - win 03 matches as frontiersmen(0/3) and kharaa(0/3) with a minimum score of X
    name - win 10
    name - win 25
    name - win 50
    ... (Veteran icon for last ~150-200wins)

Since i would encourage playing both sides equally, to get better at the game as a whole. (edit: hmm maybe still have some individual ones for each race in addition, dunno)

name - win 03 matches as frontiersmen(0/3) and kharaa(0/3) by playing Commander for the majority of a match, and win with a minimum score of X
    name - win 10 (+ special icon reward[like those pax icons] bronze)
    name - win 25 (silver)
    name - win 50 (gold)
    ... (100 diamond, ~150-250 platin?)

Encourage commanding by getting icons!

Even tho ppl could still make some super small maps to farm archievements, the minimum score requirement will make it so that they cant farm them by beeing afk.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES&#33; FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS&#33; Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    edited July 2012
    congratulations, you have payed the game for over 500 hours, you are now officialy a bored child with no life! popcorn sold seperately.
    ^^
    The only one i would ever want ever. because i've already reached it. >.<
    OR maybe a forever alone reference.
  • fmponefmpone Join Date: 2011-07-05 Member: 108086Members, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1953015:date=Jul 21 2012, 10:20 PM:name=AuroN2)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AuroN2 @ Jul 21 2012, 10:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1953015"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->congratulations, you have payed the game for over 500 hours, you are now officialy a bored child with no life! popcorn sold seperately.
    ^^
    The only one i would ever want ever. because i've already reached it. >.<
    OR maybe a forever alone reference.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Over 500 Hours: <b>Forever Alonos</b>
  • rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    l0rk on the cl0rf - kill a marine while roosted as a lerk ;P
  • DustehDusteh Join Date: 2011-07-25 Member: 112142Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Here's a few possible achievements:

Marine:
    They're coming outta the goddamn walls! - Kill a wall walking Skulk.
    Cyst Problem - Destroy a total of 1,000 cysts.
    Upgrades Complete - Research level 3 weapons and armour for your team.
    Rambo - Knife the alien hive within 45 seconds of a game starting.
    Big Game Hunting - Kill a Skulk, Gorge, Lerk, Fade and Onos within 3 minutes.
    The Boss - Obtain 100 victorys as the commander.

Alien:
    Weeeeeeee - Belly slide as a Gorge for 10 seconds in one slide.
    Lights Out - Destroy 50 power nodes.
    Stay Where You Are - As an Onos, prevent a beacon by stomping the observatory.
    Slice n Diced - As a Fade, kill 5 marines in under 10 seconds.
    Tracked - Parasite a Marine.
    Sniped - Finish off a marine with a Parasite kill.
  • killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2012
    Thanks for the shirtguns!-Use a shotgun to kill an enemy lork
  • silver falconsilver falcon Join Date: 2010-07-14 Member: 72374Members
    I always liked achievements, but hate easy ones, you know the ones that are like "ca-ching! completed tutorial"
    I also like how in the playstation network and with xbox they are tiered trophies (bronze, gold, silver, platinum, 25points, 50points ect)

Fast draw - Kill one Alien with primary and a second with the pistol without dying in between.
    Scalper - Kill with the hatchet while out of ammo.
    Survivor - Be last Marine alive in game after Marines loose
    My House - Hatchet 5 hives total over course of career
    I slipped - Kill an Onos after being stomped
    Juicy - Destroy a total of 100 Cysts over course of career
    It's Alive! - Kill 5 alien structures while they are moving
    Doh! - Kill self with grenade after whip slaps it back at you
    Party Crasher - Kill 3 aliens with one grenade
    Green Peace - Recycle 50 Structures over course of career
    I Got This Guys - Highest score in a round
    Hoarder - Go a round without purchasing anything
    ###### this I'm going home - loose the advance armory to bile bomb while welding it. (:P)

Just some ideas, and some of those can go likewise for aliens.
  • Hunter.S.T.Hunter.S.T. Join Date: 2012-05-26 Member: 152596Members
    *The Hunter S Thompson award* - killed an alien whilst halucinating.

Or if we cant call it that, the "you be trippin" award. lol
    edited July 2012
    TSA hero - killed 500 hives
    TSA General - killed 10000 hives
    Better to go out with a bang! - kill an alien and suicide with the same grenade
    The hitreg award - Killed 5 aliens with the same lmg clip :P
    Uber Comming - Play a game as comm and get every upgrade

Scouting Pro - parasited 500 command chairs
    Uber Khamming - Play a game as kham and get every upgrade

Its tough being the boss - Kill Flayra
    O captain my captain! - Kill one of the devs
  • ale'ale' Join Date: 2011-08-06 Member: 114689Members
    Comeback - Build an Infantry portal when you are the only surviving marine
    Sharpshooter - Kill x marines with parasite
    Gorges just wanna have fun - Kill x marines with heal spray
    If I had a million res nodes - Control every Res node on the map
    Bunnyhopping - Reach x speed as a skulk
    Downshifting - Win a game without any upgrades
    Monster kill - Kill two oni within x seconds
  • MzMzMzMz Join Date: 2006-10-23 Member: 58087Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited July 2012
    Legend of Hellabean - As a fade, set off a series of mines near phase gate to kill yourself, another fade and a lerk.
    The Master of Rage - Scream in pure rage through microphone with volume higher or equal to that of Makaveli
    Furious Maneuver - Hop out of the commander station and get killed by skulks in marine base only to lose a winning game.
    The Killer - Set you name as 'joshua'
    Photogenic Smile - Play NS2 with a jug of milk in your hand and earphones plugged in
    Tournament Winner - Play NS2 on ATI 9800 pro
    B.U.Scammed! - As a commander, tell marines that you have a Big Unannounced Strategy coming up and never say a word about it afterwards.
    Coming soon, really - Do not launch NS2 for 13 months
    Time Travel - Launch NS2 for the first time while the date on your computer is set to Fall 2009
  • goblingoblin Join Date: 2004-09-05 Member: 31412Members
    I Love the TSA - Repair a MAC with the welder
  • ShakerShaker Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9582Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Cavity Search - Scan 1000 times as TSA Commander
  • goblingoblin Join Date: 2004-09-05 Member: 31412Members
    Bob the builder - Build one of each marine structure
    The feast is served - Kill one of each alien class with the flamethrower
  • {GGs} Chicken{GGs} Chicken Join Date: 2011-11-22 Member: 134663Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Good Day Mate - As a gorge, fall into the pit at Crevice

Once in a Lifetime! - Have all of your bullets reg on an alien

Better Luck Next Time! - Bite/Swipe a marine who isn't being healed/shielded 6 times, and then get killed by him

Saved by the Reg - Survive a fight with 1hp

Better Double Tap - Shoot a skulk that's standing still at point blank with a level 3 shotty, then get killed by him

Onos Boner - Get hit from 20 feet away by an Onos

Rock of Faith - Give away your position and clip of ammo by shooting at invisible geometry, and then die reloading
  • UlmontUlmont Join Date: 2011-10-02 Member: 125211Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    Best Player on the Opposing Team - Kill yourself as an Onos, because you got stuck in the level geometry when hatching
  • zombiehellmonkeyzombiehellmonkey Join Date: 2007-08-31 Member: 62093Members, Squad Five Blue
    Armory Humper - visit the armory more than fifty times in one life.
    Cystine Chapel - kill over one hundred cysts
  • MropMrop Join Date: 2004-03-26 Member: 27540Members
    ingame easter-egg sorta type of achievement.

find a map where is a hologram of a bald man in a gray cape.
    listen what he has to say for a long 60seconds whatever happens around, you listen.
    after 60seconds:

"I stayed awhile and listened" -achi gained.
  • YuukiYuuki Join Date: 2010-11-20 Member: 75079Members
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If I had a million res nodes - Control every Res node on the map<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This one is called "RT of shame".

Flash fade - Die as a fade within one minute after evolving.

sadface :( - Disable achievements in options
  • H3lixH3lix Join Date: 2012-08-03 Member: 154722Members, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo(post=1953025:date=Jul 22 2012, 12:35 AM:name=fmpone)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fmpone @ Jul 22 2012, 12:35 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1953025"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Over 500 Hours: <b>Forever Alonos</b><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i can haz now?
  • PersianImm0rtalPersianImm0rtal Join Date: 2010-12-02 Member: 75414Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    Kill a member of UWE, or a playtester.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Me and my squad of ultimate badasses - Win a round with full Marine tech.

Game over, man. - Deny a Distress Beacon from an Observatory before it finishes activating.
    These Arent The Droids Your Looking For - Order a mac to attack a hive, and have it successfully weld the hive to death
  • Linksys_RouterLinksys_Router Join Date: 2012-04-11 Member: 150276Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1953229:date=Jul 23 2012, 09:56 AM:name=Hunter.S.T.)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hunter.S.T. @ Jul 23 2012, 09:56 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1953229"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->TSA hero - killed 500 hives
    TSA General - killed 10000 hives
    Better to go out with a bang! - kill an alien and suicide with the same grenade
    The hitreg award - Killed 5 aliens with the same lmg clip :P
    Uber Comming - Play a game as comm and get every upgrade

Scouting Pro - parasited 500 command chairs
    Uber Khamming - Play a game as kham and get every upgrade

Its tough being the boss - Kill Flayra
    O captain my captain! - Kill one of the devs<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

One too many zero's on that second one.
    Hehe, maybe ur right mate, will take me a long time to get that :)
  • Bloodshot12Bloodshot12 Join Date: 2012-05-25 Member: 152578Members
    edited August 2012
    <b>Next time, they walk right up and knock</b> - survive against 3 or more skulks while defending a sentry gun.

<b>There's something you don't see every day, thank god</b> - kill an onos with an Axe/Welder

<b>I like to keep this handy, for close encounters</b> - get 15 shotgun kills

<b>I sense my soul found the answers it was searching for</b> - hear Lani Minella's voice clips 200 times in total

<b>Kill the god damn door!</b> - get a door welded shut as a Fade, Onos, or 4 or more skulks approach it/are in the vicinity.

<b>Eat this!</b> - finish off a skulk stunned by an ally's rifle butt with your shotgun at close range

<b>COME ON, GOD DAMNIT</b> - get 10 melee kills with an exo

<b>Guess you don't like the corn bread either.</b> - Survive an attack from 1 or more skulks while avoiding the comm's health drops.

<b>They're comming outta the walls!</b> - Kill a marine after dropping from the ceiling or coming out of a vent

<b>Get them out of there!!! DO SOMETHING!!</b> - successfully beacon a squad of marines out of a hostile area when more than 1 onos and fade are present and the squad has low health.

<b>He's coming in. I feel safer already</b> - show up to attack the main alien hive as it has 10% health or less
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Now for the food related achievements.

Bacon and eggs - Destroy a Kharaa egg within 30 seconds of being recalled by a distress beacon.

Eggs over easy - Destroy 100 Kharaa eggs with a flamethrower.

Scrambled eggs - Kill 10 players as they were evolving.

Pig Roast - Kill 50 Gorge lifeforms with a flamethrower.

Chicken Potshot Pie - Kill a lerk with a single shotgun blast.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES&#33; FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS&#33; Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    iept is making me hungry. ima out of here.
  • DarkomicronDarkomicron Join Date: 2010-11-24 Member: 75256Members
    Down she goes - Kill 30 Kharaa life forms in mid-air. (skulks leaping/flying lerks)
    Hamstring - kill 100 marines with 'bite' as a skulk.
    Poisonous - Gas 30 marines as a lerk.
    Venomous - Kill 30 marine with your poison bite as a lerk.
    Is it a bird? Is it a plane? - kill 10 marines with spikes while flying as a lerk.