Game servers

OscarTheCouchOscarTheCouch Join Date: 2005-01-10 Member: 34647Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
Is anyone familiar with the company Game Servers - Frag not lag?
Im looking at renting a server and not sure what company i should go with?
I would like a server located on the west for best ping.

Please help if anyone can

Thanks

Kalost

Comments

• JuCCiJuCCi Join Date: 2011-08-08 Member: 114961Members, NS2 Map Tester
    NS2Servers.com hands down. They been doing severs for the ns2 beta for a long time and know what is needed to run this game. Plus the have great customer support. We rent a box from them that runs 3 servers np. I'm sure you have played on the All-In servers.
  • endarendar Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73256Members, Squad Five Blue
    At this stage of the beta, i wouldnt worry too much about ping, whats the average latency for east to west in USA? The most important thing (again, at this stage of the beta) is that they have experience in providing overclocked servers for NS2.
  • oldassgamersoldassgamers Join Date: 2011-02-02 Member: 80033Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1952657:date=Jul 19 2012, 11:18 PM:name=OscarTheCouch)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OscarTheCouch @ Jul 19 2012, 11:18 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1952657"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Is anyone familiar with the company Game Servers - Frag not lag?
    Im looking at renting a server and not sure what company i should go with?
    I would like a server located on the west for best ping.

Please help if anyone can

Thanks

Kalost<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Where do you live? Better to rent from a friend or community instead if you don't have enough income?. They will probably not take full charge, if so then their just mean. I offer tiny cost to my community, but all hardware is located in europe =)

Good luck :)
  • invTempestinvTempest Join Date: 2003-03-02 Member: 14223Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    There are a lot of places you can go to rent an NS2 server and it basically all comes down to what kind of performance you are looking for. If you are looking for high quality, high performance servers specifically designed for the needs of NS2 then you should take a look at NS2Servers.com as this game is specifically what we specialize in. We have been running and renting NS2 servers for almost a year now.

The main thing that distinguishes us from other game server providers is that we run top quality overclocked hardware at 4.4 Ghz for our i5 2500k powered servers. We also feature flat rate pricing rather than pay by the slot. This means that when performance increases to allow more players, you can easily adjust the player count at your leisure rather than being stuck with a fixed number of player slots. Your game server will get a dedicated cpu core with 2.5 GB of ram allocated only to your server - This way your not sharing cpu cycles or memory space with game servers on the same physical server.

We currently have locations in Chicago and Virginia and will soon be expanding to California (Before the game gets released). Once this location is up and running we could very easily move a Chicago or Virginia located server to the west coast or vice-versa in a matter of minutes.
  • OscarTheCouchOscarTheCouch Join Date: 2005-01-10 Member: 34647Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Thanks for the replies all, i will be looking into NS2Servers.com to see what they provide.

Thanks

Kalost