Polish points

TyphonTyphon Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 1899Members
Just some random things that deserve polish

1. Complete all tooltip text
2. Complete all icons
3. Redo stomp icon, I have no idea what its supposed to be
4. Remove unnecessary text from screen: score popups, numeric health indicator
5. Rework evolution timer text/position, the color completely blends into the egg, making it very difficult to read.
6. Improve phase gate use experience: replace marine's view with some cool looking animation (zooming through star fields, etc.) the moment they step through the phase, only removing it once ready to render the destination. Right now you run all the way through the phase and out the other side, and then a moment later the server catches up with you andyou teleport to the other phase. Very clunky.
7. Display researched abilities in alien evolve menu, so you know if the fade you're considering has blink or not.
8. Minimap should have slightly different colors for players vs buildings. Ie make building a darker green/red.
9. Minimap needs to be much clearer on where the player is. Searching for a tiny arc of yellow in a sea of green sucks. Have a couple of concentric circles appear around the player for a moment when the map is opened.
10. Color mic indicators onscreen differently for players vs commanders. Muted yellow for aliens, muted blue for marines, bright yellow for alien comm, bright blue for marine comm.

Comments

• DaphistoDaphisto Hive Janitor Join Date: 2002-11-16 Member: 8917Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    11. Fix switch-axe attack animation.
  • VoodooHexVoodooHex Join Date: 2012-06-14 Member: 153264Members
    I'd much prefer Irish points.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    irish points? Sure you arent talking about pints? if so the terms english. :)
  • Cee Colon SlashCee Colon Slash Join Date: 2012-05-25 Member: 152581Members
    12. Add a marine climbing animation.
  • botchiballbotchiball Join Date: 2003-04-24 Member: 15810Members, Constellation
    edited July 2012
    4 -> GUI just needs to be always on. Its annoying that it disappears.

For #9, I would like for it to be easier to read but, when I can't find myself I'll just wiggle my view back and forth - which makes the little view arc stand out more.
  • TyphonTyphon Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 1899Members
    edited July 2012
    From the b215 preview videos, #9 has been implemented! The player is now an arrow instead of the lifeform icon, and it starts large then shrinks down to its actual position quickly.
  • TyphonTyphon Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 1899Members
    edited July 2012
    'nother couple I noticed tonight

12. Fix Onos walk animation so he's not sliding around
    13. Fix commander notifications (missing text, etc.)
    14. Change color of commander map notifications and onscreen notifications to match severity. I don't want to panic due to seeing red rings in my base when research completes, that should be green or blue or something. Likewise the notifications on the righthand side of the screen should be color coded: red for attacks/deaths, green for research/building complete, blue for neutral (request for orders, etc.).
    15. Relocate some UI elements so that user's mic indicators don't overlap with other information (hive details for aliens, comm notifications for both).