Overall sound volume is rather low.

DarkATiDarkATi Revelation 22:17 Join Date: 2003-06-20 Member: 17532Members, Reinforced - Shadow
edited July 2012 in Ideas and Suggestions
<div class="IPBDescription">Has this been posted before?</div>I find that the overall sound volume in NS2 is quite low compared to say, iTunes or NS1. My headphones are high quality Sonys; I can't listen to music at 100% volume in iTunes, because they are so loud, but I play NS2 with the Windows volume at 100% and NS2 sound setting at 100%, and though it is sufficient, it seems rather low.

Am I the only one who feels this way / is experiencing this?

When I switch to NS1 it almost blows my eardrums at maxed out settings, but NS2 is just about right maxed out.

I could go for some more volume, though.

Cheers,
Cody

Comments

• GORGEousGORGEous Join Date: 2012-02-19 Member: 146762Members, NS2 Map Tester
    I'm assuming you have your in game volume turned up? I don't have that problem at all. Typically run windows volume ~50%, NS2 ~40-50%, TS3 20-30%. I have headphones plugged into a speaker with my speakers ~1/3 volume. It's odd that your sound would be so low.
  • botchiballbotchiball Join Date: 2003-04-24 Member: 15810Members, Constellation
    I've always had this problem, but thought I heard them say in a Q&A that the sound system had known bugs they were fixing. But then I just turn my volume up when I play and back down afterward.
  • {GGs} Chicken{GGs} Chicken Join Date: 2011-11-22 Member: 134663Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Yeah. With NS2 volume at 100% and Windows volume at 100% it's still really low. Can''t play any type of music while playing without being unable to hear footsteps and mic talk.