[Project] Project L2P - NS2

LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
<div class="IPBDescription">To help with that learning curve!</div>I myself will endeavor to start a steam group and project called Learn2Play - Natural Selection II.

This is based off the fairly successful L2P group for the game I used to play: Dawn of War II.
I'm going to be doing a video series and ongoing casts of in-game play with helpful commentary and tutorial videos.

Along with that I plan on eventually getting together a website for it, but until then just a steam group found here: <a href="http://steamcommunity.com/groups/l2p-ns2" target="_blank">http://steamcommunity.com/groups/l2p-ns2</a>

Hopefully I can build it up just as things went in Dawn of War II! There were about 5k people involved at the peak time with the group.

Anyways,
That's my plan.. wish me luck!

Comments

• UlmontUlmont Join Date: 2011-10-02 Member: 125211Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    Good luck! 'Love the concept.
  • AngeluszAngelusz Harmonic entropist Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18072Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    Good idea! It'll make a nice addition to the tutorials that UWE is working on.

If you need help, send me a PM, I'll chime in with casts/info/fraps recordings.
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Yeah, I'm totally welcome to having other streams listed in aid of helping new players watch and learn the game!
  • A[L]CA[L]C Join Date: 2010-07-25 Member: 72801Members
    Joined... always happy to teach others :)
  • DeadzoneDeadzone Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17911Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    If you need other people to perform actions while you record (be the base monkey while commander does his "order" tutorials, etc.) hit me up with a PM. Sounds like fun. :)
  • Hunter.S.T.Hunter.S.T. Join Date: 2012-05-26 Member: 152596Members
    I am so up for this :D

I am a fairly good commander, fairly well spoken, i would be happy to help make a few instrucvtional vids if thats what you would like.

Only area i am let down is video editing... i have no clue sorry lol

But if u think i can be a help add me on steam, im atemi42 :)

hunter
  • BlitzThoseBlitzThose Aberdeen, Scotland Join Date: 2010-04-11 Member: 71342Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    if you need a server to make some tutorials on Id gladly be willing to password mine so you can get peace to stage some recordings if you like (server usually lies empty anyways)
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    "One area UnknownWorlds really needs to address is Natural Selection 2’s learning curve. Even an experienced player who just casually drops into the beta will have trouble figuring out the intricacies of a match. You simply join a server and start playing, with no tool tips or tutorial to tell you what your goals are or how to do...well, anything. While the team assures me that tutorials, tool tips and more are coming, for now you really have to experiment and ask the community how to play."

IGN Preview
  • AnubitAnubit Join Date: 2012-08-02 Member: 154598Members
    New on the forums but not in the game. I'm surely up for it as well, sounds interesting. Let me know if you need any help :)
  • AmbiTanqueAmbiTanque Join Date: 2012-08-04 Member: 154771Members
    Hah I knew I remembered your name when I saw it somewhere,I played against you so many times in dow2,part of warrior nation weren't you?Well anyway joining the group so I can hopefully learn how to play this.
  • eh?eh? Join Date: 2012-03-03 Member: 147997Members
    Anyone that joins that group should feel free to contact or msg people I would hope.

I'm sure everyone that bothered to join it would be more than willing to answer any questions or at the very least guide people in the right direction.
  • ArkantiArkanti pub baddie Join Date: 2011-07-22 Member: 111781Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Joined, I'm willing to help some people out.

I've been planning to do a series similar to the "DayZ-GuideZ" on my Youtube when the game is in less of a tumultuous state (nearing 1.0), as some tips can become outdated or straight out wrong very quickly at the moment.
  • Death_by_bulletsDeath_by_bullets Join Date: 2004-03-14 Member: 27336Members
    Reminds me of the good ole days of NSLearn
  • bcraig10488bcraig10488 Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155168Members
    Joined - But I haven't even played the beta yet so I'm there more for support of a great idea and learning a thing or two myself.

Hopefully soon I'll be able to help you out.
  • therake6therake6 Join Date: 2011-12-04 Member: 136544Members
    edited August 2012
    Joined! hopefully we can get games started with some noob commanders so they dont get screamed at as much :D
    Not sure if or how I'm going to carry this out at this point guys. It seems that UWE is actually putting in some good training stuff to help people learn. We shall see.