Spark Editor Group

[AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
<div class="IPBDescription">I'm searching for...</div>Is there a group that makes faces non-collidable and yet visible? I need it to make some decorations passable like a hologram.

Comments

• Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    open up tram and see how it is done on that level (the globe hologram for example)
  • FoelliXFoelliX Join Date: 2003-11-12 Member: 22668Members
    the globe on tram is a prop. But he attempts to make a visible face without collision.
    I dont know if there is a group.. guess not. But if you just want to do this because the movement on theese faces kinda sucks. Then just put an invisible face with collision and an easier structure on top of those. This is done (e.g.) to make floorparts which are just a very little lower than the main floor. Therefore it seems as if you always walk on the floor but in case on the lower parts you walk over the invisible face...
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    I thought about collision geometry but my problem is that I made a "thron room" and added banners to the wall. There I can place collision geometry to make them smootly walkable. But I want to place a few inside the room as well and I don't want people to get stuck on them. Thats why I would need such a group.

In another project, I was thinking about adding some kind of holodesk with a minimap on top, but the whole desk again shouldn't be collidable. I also thought about some damaged walls or plates for a tunnel entrance. There it would be handy as well.

Well, I thought there is no group like that but asking could had saved me a lot of work if I'm wrong ^^
  • DghelneshiDghelneshi Aims to surpass Fana in post edits. Join Date: 2011-11-01 Member: 130634Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Well, you could try making your own props with no collision geometry added to them, but don't ask me how to do that. :D
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Props are currently the only thing in game which can be visible (checkbox option) and none-collidable
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    Ah ok, thx for the answer! Now I know it for sure.

Then I have to create my own props ;) ...and textures and sounds :D Oh man I would want to do that!