Thanks

BageesiacBageesiac Join Date: 2006-11-14 Member: 58596Members
<div class="IPBDescription">A little thanks to the devs (even though I'm sure it's been do</div>I've been following NS2 since NS1 I think. I love the story of Charlie and the struggle to make NS2 happen. I loved that selling of a casual game to fund his dream game. I love that they realized that NS2 was bigger than source and scrapped everything to make spark. I love that Max made his own engine. I love that NS2 is the most moddable ever! I mean, it's not even released yet, and there are tons of mods and maps. This game is like a wikipedia page but for games! I love that they love the community. I love that Hugh got his shot to join the company. Kick ass! And I love that they INVITE criticism even though I'm sure it's a pain to deal with pissy people! I love it! I love pre-order beta access!

And so, thanks, devs!

I want to thank you every time I play! And keep it rolling too! I really think Charlies' vision is going to create a great game!

Comments

• SlamHanniganSlamHannigan Join Date: 2012-07-06 Member: 153952Members
    This is a fantastic game. The style and gameplay are great, and from what I've seen, balance isn't an issue like it was in the first one. I'm amazed at how the devs are managing this with next to no professional-grade resources, and making a better game than a lot of FPSs on the market.
  • FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment San Francisco Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    Thanks so much guys!

We ain't perfect but we're doing our best to deliver an amazing experience to you. Thanks for all your help - we can't do it without you!
  • sebusebu Join Date: 2011-09-21 Member: 122375Members
    edited July 2012
    I also give all my love to UWE<3 I love the gamestudio and its developers, i like the community and seeing the feedback to affect properly for the designing of the game makes me so happy! There should be more of you, ya know?

Only thing that worries me still is the feeling that they are kinda lying to them selves if they say that theyr gonna have a summer (late)/autumn release.
    When it goes to public it needs to be polished to the max (SPEAKING OF MAX, MAX YOUR A WIZARD), but the speed that theyr now going just doesn't seem like its enough.

Don't get me wrong, i love the community and their planning and prioritizing is good, but the speed that you could achieve what they have achieved already i think just can't be enough to put it out so early.

There is so much technical and gameplay releated issues still, that just simply cannot be solved in the time that they have set to them selves.
    One is like it cannot be played efficently whitout VERY high tier computers, and even they have exos in testing internally right now it just cannot solve the gameplay in this amount of time that is their current goal.

I just can imagine the feedback flood that it could bring to this small studio, if release would happen this early.

Right now, if they said that it would be delayed once again i think community would take it well because everyone knows the situation and circumstances that they are dealing whit. Hey, thats why they say "better safe than sorry", right?. I still have faith in them that they will choose the right thing, but from the bottom of my heart i hope that they just dont release it too early.

I'm sorry if im speaking of a taboo here. I just can't help it that it creeps my mind constantly when im thinking of ns2.
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Easily the best scene/community I've been around. 2x thumbs up to you Charlie and all of UWE.
  • TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    edited July 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1949464:date=Jul 6 2012, 03:39 PM:name=SlamHannigan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SlamHannigan @ Jul 6 2012, 03:39 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1949464"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm amazed at how the devs are managing this with next to no professional-grade resources, and making a better game than a lot of FPSs on the market.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This is what amazes me the most. A few dudes are outshining large, highly funded companies. You are amazing group of developers.
  • NurEinMenschNurEinMensch Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14056Members, Constellation
  • SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    really nice to read this, thanks
  • bobrunbobrun Join Date: 2012-03-06 Member: 148235Members
    Never played NS1, I was looking for a shooter a couple of months ago, found a link to NS2HD videos, this game seemed completely awesome and I bought it. I'm happy that these videos gave Hugh a job, he probably brought half of your customers :D

I'll probably hit 150 hours this week. Last FPS I was so hook with is Counter-Strike, back in the good Half-life days. You are making an absolute gem of a game, and it's really fun to witness the work in progress. :)
  • playerplayer Join Date: 2010-09-12 Member: 73982Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1949490:date=Jul 6 2012, 10:28 PM:name=TimMc)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TimMc @ Jul 6 2012, 10:28 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1949490"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This is what amazes me the most. A few dudes are outshining large, highly funded companies. You are amazing group of developers.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I feel people are making a bit of an incorrect comparison with this. It is true that (while incomplete and running very badly) NS2 could be considered superior to CoD, but not so much on the technical-side, rather on the gameplay-side (and all decisions related to that such as unranked dedicated-servers, lack of modding altogether et cetera). But this isn't because those respective developers were unable to accomplish these goals, but rather that they simply weren't aiming for them to begin with, in that it was a business-descision to do all these things. Lack of modding forces people to buy DLC-crap and new iterations of basically the same game, and recycling old props to cheapen development and increase profit. All of these things are loathsome, but not indicative of incompetent developers. Not saying the NS2-devs aren't hard-working, and of course the mythical man-month still applies, so productivity per developer is very high in the NS2-devteam.
  • PrOmEtHeUs_XPrOmEtHeUs_X Join Date: 2012-07-09 Member: 154015Members
    Yes, cheers to the devs and everyone for pre-ordering to support their hard work!